The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MPG, what the heck?

ubersonic

352 was the most I managed out of a tank & that was a trip from London to N.France & back. That was in my previous TT.

Hmm, makes me wonder if Ubersonic has his maths correct.

Seems amazing to think someone could have 30% better fuel economy from other well looked after cars.

H.

i have done over 400 miles before full bpu most of it motorway miles and was drafting lorries alot of it so staying around 60mph all the time as it was at night on clear runs mostly. i was really trying to get the most miles out it i could just to see.

now its single and dont get to use it much it gets rapped everywhere i go and im lucky to see 200 :D

I get about 7 miles to the gallon!

£60 gets me about 100-150 miles!

All worth it thought :-)

You must drive like a animal then :D

I get 120 miles - 130 miles for £40.00 but that does consist of driving normally and the occasional rush. I'm running on BPU.

The most i've had was 450ish to a tank. That was driving from scotland to ireland & around ireland for a few days. The least i've had is 175 giving it full beans every where i went. Don't even take notice now, just fill it when it's low.

What i do know though is the supra is better on juice than the evo hands down.

fuel economy is for wimps. i put petrol in, i drive with a grin on my face, i put more petrol in

Fuel economy is for people who want to know their car is running right. I have plenty of money but I don't like flushing it down the bog.

If I wasw getting less than 300 miles to a full tank, on a decent run, driving normally I would want the car looked at.

H.

I agree that it's useful to know and compair with others to see if your car is running right. Lots of people that are BPU

I average 320 around town with short blasts to work. The most I got was a trip to Skye last month where I got close to 450 on one 80 litre tank of v-power. That was with all A road and B road driving with lots of foot down overtaking. It was right after a service but I was really impressed on its range compared to normal.

Fuel economy is for people who want to know their car is running right. I have plenty of money but I don't like flushing it down the bog.

If I wasw getting less than 300 miles to a full tank, on a decent run, driving normally I would want the car looked at.

H.

H.

totally agree. None of us bought the car for its excellent mpg. Im interested in making sure the car is running as best as possible and one of these factors is fuel consumption.

Why do people quote tankful mileage? It's not a very precise measure considering you don't empty the tank each time, and you won't fill up exactly on the light, and the light won't come on at the same time for everyone.

It's not hard to work out MPG, you just have to find the best way for you to measure how many miles you've done, and how many gallons you've used, then divide one by the other. I'd suggest reset the clock when you brim it, then next time you brim it count the gallons and record the miles done.

Why do people quote tankful mileage? It's not a very precise measure considering you don't empty the tank each time, and you won't fill up exactly on the light, and the light won't come on at the same time for everyone.

It's not hard to work out MPG, you just have to find the best way for you to measure how many miles you've done, and how many gallons you've used, then divide one by the other. I'd suggest reset the clock when you brim it, then next time you brim it count the gallons and record the miles done.

If I am checking the MPG I fill the car to the top and run it till the light comes on. I only do this if I am going on a long run where most of the tank will be emptied that day. So with the number of miles we do I only check the MPG once a year. If I am using the car locally there is no way of realistically chekcing the MPG as a Tiptronic around town is never good and I am always on boost when I get the chance.

H.

Guest pinkbus

Before I start I know what everyone is going to say!! i got a 98 Reg facelift which is converted to LPG, im getting 400Km out of £35. (there ISNT any power loss, as confirmed by another member) granted its not a twin but still!

I have done alot of motorway driving this weekend, Kent and back, few other jaunts and so far from a full tank (right up to the filler cap :D) the car has returned 495kms (307 miles) and has just dropped below half way. Should be interesting to see just how many miles the last half will bring.

Good to see tho that the few changes have sorted the serious overfueling out! Just normal driving, not particually slow, not going hell for leather either, which day to day I wouldnt do anyways.