The mkiv Supra Owners Club

whats my shell worth ? widebody do luck kit

scoooby slayer

well i am little surprised tbh the general consensus being £2k or below. i absolutely love the car i have always thought it looks stunning, i certainly dont need to break it for need of the money but trying to put a price on it all.

how much does your average arch widening cost then ? the front is do luck blister wings rear is all custom and arches are fully delipped opened right out aswell in the inner arch, ive had 305/45/18s on the back aswell no issues.

No matter how much you do to modify the car, and grated it looks very nice, putting a high price tag on t when at that price people can get fully working TT's and amazing all out NA's

I would be interested if it was a better price

i saw one on ebay other week

do luck bonnet .bumper, arches,wide arch kit all round,

aftermarket skirts (forgot what type) plus few extras polished rad,clifford alarm ,hks stuff ect ect

the car was real stunner only problem was it had no engine or gearbox

and it was a aero top supra . all it needed was engine and a gearbox

and that went for 1.2k

edit just looked on my eaby and its got no headlights lol

Edited by wewsupra (see edit history)

Most people wanting a shell want it for a race car type of project and won't want to pay an excess for a one off body kit that would make repair even more costly than on a stock shell. I honestly believe if you got over a grand you are doing well. If you got 2K I'd be totally amazed, it's a very small market, lots of cars a being broken, and shells, for Joe Bloggs, are hard to store and a pain to get rid of.

A stock Jap spec auto TT in really nice unmolested condition went through the auction up the road this week and sold for £910. It nearly went for £750 until two young lads started a last minute bidding war.

thanks for all the opinions i am taking it all on board.

im not sure what to do yet engine is almost out not sure if im gonna rebuild or sell yet.

ive just done a few sums :

shell complete with all interior and number plate on hks coilovers £2000

greddy brakes £5000 new £2200

clutch £2700 new £1350

volk rays gtfs also have 1 new front and rear rim with 295/30/19 r888s £4500 new £2250

full hks t51r spl kit £5000 new £2500

2 heads both worked and a pair of 272 cams £2000 the lot

6 speed box, propshaft and carbonetics diff £4000

full 4.5" custom exhaust with screamer back into middle box, 3 silencer system a work of art £1500

jun surge tank (plenum) super rare £1500

hks fcon v pro ecu, hks evc boost controller, hks oil and exhaust temp £1200 the lot

hks intecooler with all the hardpipeing and hoseing £800

big hks oil cooler and relocation kit £100

custom pro alloy water tank that fits around spare wheel £250

1000cc injectors, twin entry rail all braided lines and twin in tank pumps was running 788 hub hp £800

need inspecting but a full hks 3.4 stroker kit all pistons should be good as compression was good, will have to check the crank and rods.

this is not a for sale thread im just trying to decide on what to do.

Edited by scoooby slayer (see edit history)

• 10 months later...