The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The (almost) final results??

wallis

ive no doubt mate, and lets be honest. 560bhpisa very big lot of power. but i just thaught 1.9 is huge boost. or are we saying itwill peak earlyat1.9bar and the the turbo will choke up and drop off giving you less boost at the higher revs where you would normally make peak power ?

ive no doubt mate, and lets be honest. 560bhpisa very big lot of power. but i just thaught 1.9 is huge boost. or are we saying itwill peak earlyat1.9bar and the the turbo will choke up and drop off giving you less boost at the higher revs where you would normally make peak power ?

It seems pretty crazy 1.9 bar I know, but the turbo kit I have on other supras

Has been seen running at over 500 rwhp and 600ftlb of torque at 1.9 bar!

If u look back at my build thread this was my original target.

The HKS gt30r is the same as the original amuse gt30 but with a bigger gt37 compressor housing, so should be good for more power and torque.....throw in a huge 1.06 a/r housing and race cams with water inj, straight through exhaust and massive fueling system, I think it's going to be very quick with one of the quickest spooling and torque curves ever!

But I guess we will have to wait until tomorrow for the results, fingers crossed ;-)

That's got to put you in the 550lb/ft region!?

well the torque on the car so far on previouse maps is always 20/30 more than than the bhp, the most it was was 501bhp and 520ftlb or torque at 1.4 bar.

I've not spoke to Ryan again yet so have no idea about anything else yet ?

Well after Ryans done his magic for the day it was a mixed out come really!

The cars currently mapped to 540bhp and I think Ryan said 560lbft (edit sorry 540lbft) of torque at 1.3 bar now!

The results are great and Ryan said the water inj gained me loads almost 30bhp!!

The good or bad news depends which way u look at it is, I've got to change the inlet manifold, but Ryan has assured me it will be good for 600bhp, so it's a little job for the winter and unbelievable performance from a little gt30r!!

All in all a great result, Ryan said i really need to be carfull now with the amount of torque I'm running.....apparently its a bit of a handful ....lol

Will post the videos from ash and the dyno as soon as I get them ;-)

Edited by wallis (see edit history)

Torque looks to be about 525ftlb, what boost did he run it at?

Hey up Jaime, not sure that was the final run posted up, I spoke to Ryan a few mins ago over the phone, he dropped the boost to 1.3 due to the water/meth inj working so well.

Apparently the cast manifold was glowing when he ran more boost...lol

I'm just going to enjoy the car before I change the manifold and get the car finished ;-)

Can't wait to pick it up on Friday!!

I bet you can't wait to get it back and "give it some" :D

Yeah defiantly, it's been running a pretty safe map for the last 6weeks at 477bhp with about 500lbft or torque, so the new maps going to seem pretty crazy ;-)

Ryan seems really interested in the build, I'm guessing because of the instant spool and massive low down torque levels, I think he wants to see it to 600bhp as much as me now, and is really confident it can be achieved!

So I'm looking forward to the cars future performance now!