The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Changed insurance ;)

cooke

This is madness. If you have an accident the insurance will use "any" means to get out of paying up.

Honesty is always the best policy with insurance companies. if you are going to lie, you may as well go the "whole hog" and not bother with insurance at all.

H.

Yep, madness. You're handing your insurers a get-out-of-paying-up card.

If you insure an NA as a TT: if they find out they won't pay up.

If you insure a TT as an NA: if they find out they won't pay up.

If you tell them you've got blue eyes and you've got grey: if they find out they won't pay up.

This is madness. If you have an accident the insurance will use "any" means to get out of paying up.

Honesty is always the best policy with insurance companies. if you are going to lie, you may as well go the "whole hog" and not bother with insurance at all.

H.

He's got a point im affraid.

I remember a similar thread on a Fiesta forum where a lad was saying he insured his car as stock, even though it had some minor engine modifications (induction kit probably). Someone asked him what he'd do if he has a crash, and he said he carries the stock parts in the boot and he'd just swap them over before the police arrived. Then he was asked how he'd do that with blood pouring from his forehead, or with concussion. He went quiet after that.....

Basically saying that he owns an NA, but found its cheaper to insure said car as a TT auto iirc so has done that and then seemed to think we would al be impressed at him boasting about it on here.

If I was at home I would stick up the screen print of his actual post :D

Probably because your insuring it as a UK TT Which is cheaper!

O yes that would make sense :) i have also found that the more honest you are the cheaper it comes up, got a quote there for all mods declared, exhaust engine work right down to the roll cage, agreed value of 11k 3years no cliams bonus and me being 23 got £1100 which is dam good for me considering i was paying 3k plus for my NA

I have always stated all mods when insuring any car, as previously said honesty is the best policy. If this guy is broadcasting to the world he is cutting corners which effectively wipes his insurance as void and hoping we accept him as a messiah of conning insurance companies..... swivel mate. People like you are reasons why insurance is what it is. And you're doing this to save yourself anything between £10-30 per month. Not worth it....