The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japshow Finale! - Possible Club Event.

Chris Bailey

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lui would be the man to get involved with this BUT obviously the super mods will have to agree something but even now the numbers aint good

Should the number make any difference ? as long as its over the required amount the

organiser's sometimes want then i don't see an issue.

If its organised early enough and people pay up in advance then the club could order

the exact amount of tickets required and not lose out financially

Should the number make any difference ? as long as its over the required amount the

organiser's sometimes want then i don't see an issue.

If its organised early enough and people pay up in advance then the club could order

the exact amount of tickets required and not lose out financially

Well yeah it does mate, the club in the past have paid for there pitch for say like 50 cars and only 20 cars have arrived/paid. So at the end of the day if you buy a big pitch you need to fill it to get your money back/ earn bit profit to be put towards other shows and events like suprapod.

I think this should be organised now and get money in for tickets, it is such a shame we dont get stands at shows much anymore.

Well yeah it does mate, the club in the past have paid for there pitch for say like 50 cars and only 20 cars have arrived/paid. So at the end of the day if you buy a big pitch you need to fill it to get your money back/ earn bit profit to be put towards other shows and events like suprapod.

I think this should be organised now and get money in for tickets, it is such a shame we dont get stands at shows much anymore.

Not if you set a slightly earlier closing date and members have to pay for there ticket first and not the club book and pay for 50 spaces then only sell half, obviously in the present climate its time to turn that system round then the club doesn't lose any money.

Not if you set a slightly earlier closing date and members have to pay for there ticket first not the club book 50 spaces then only sell half, obviously its time to turn that system round then the club doesn't lose any money.

Yeah exactly, thats what we should start to do and everyone sort of chip in to get it to work. Everyone wants more and more meets and shows to attend, so lets help the club, mods and event organisers out a bit and all help make it happen. If the club starts attending things and making profit on events, then more and more events will become easier to attend and fund.

Yeah exactly, thats what we should start to do and everyone sort of chip in to get it to work. Everyone wants more and more meets and shows to attend, so lets help the club, mods and event organisers out a bit and all help make it happen. If the club starts attending things and making profit on events, then more and more events will become easier to attend and fund.

Isn't this why there's 12 events moderators ?

The trouble is for these events they have to be paid in advance to book space & if they do not get filled we lose out last year both Jap show events could not even get the min of 10 cars to attend & pay up which is terrible in my eyes in major events !!!

I will put up a new thread for this within next few days as I normally do & all club members will have till end of July to add names & fully pay up then I will book club stand space on numbers lists after end of July no late comers will get in as this will be only who's paid up in advance

As last time we paid in advance & numbers were not met the club lost as similar to suprapod where there club has paid in advance & struggling to make the numbers meet

Cheers Lui

The trouble is for these events they have to be paid in advance to book space & if they do not get filled we lose out last year both Jap show events could not even get the min of 10 cars to attend & pay up which is terrible in my eyes in major events !!!

I will put up a new thread for this within next few days as I normally do & all club members will have till end of July to add names & fully pay up then I will book club stand space on numbers lists after end of July no late comers will get in as this will be only who's paid up in advance

As last time we paid in advance & numbers were not met the club lost as similar to suprapod where there club has paid in advance & struggling to make the numbers meet

Cheers Lui

Thanks Lui

All seems fair to me - up to the rest of us members to chivvie numbers up and get payments in intime

sounds fair Lui.

Its pretty simple - if you wanna come then you pay before the dealine, or you dont come at all. Then the club knows where it stands in terms of cashflow and doesnt lose out.

For such a big club we really need to sort out representing ourselves a LOT better with some decent numbers :)

I still don't see why you cant put up a thread about a show with all the details and set an early

deadline for members to pay by, this could be 2 weeks before the show organisers deadline

leaving ample time to post off the club booking form along with payment.

If members haven't paid by the deadline date the club sets then you don't get

on the club parking area.

This way your not going to lose out by buying tickets way in advance and hoping

members will go.

You just buy the amount you have been paid for.

If for some reason the minimum number required for a club stand at

a show isn't reached then the club just refunds the members that

have paid.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

sounds fair Lui.

For such a big club we really need to sort out representing ourselves a LOT better with some decent numbers :)

Couldn't agree more and recent activity on here has shown that there is a willingness for this to happen

i still don't see why you cant put up a thread about a show with all the details and set an early

deadline for members to pay by, this could be 2 weeks before the show organisers deadline

leaving ample time to post off the club booking form along with payment.

If members haven't paid by the deadline date the club sets then you don't get

on the club parking area.

This way your not going to lose out by buying tickets way in advance and hoping

members will go.

You just buy the amount you have been paid for.

If for some reason the minimum number required for a club stand at

a show isn't reached then the club just refunds the members that

have paid.

simples:)

If your so keen on it happening why not start a thread in the events section with

all the info regarding the show and when its on etc etc and any relevant links.

Start a list for those seriously wanting to attend as well