The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA supra 0-60

spider2123

http://http://www.speedhunters.com/2009/10/car_feature_gt_gt_ysr_na_supra/

this is the only 2jz-ge supra i've heard of making 300hp n/a, there is a red widebody n/a supra on supraforums running itbs but no idea on the power its making

Looking at the spec list and the hours put in building it I would imagine the amount spend would probably be over halfway to a half decent small single build.

Did on here use nitrous on the 2jzge?

I did a lot of mods on my NA-BPU build till now, and as already said, gaining a few additional hp from an NA costs a lot.

I invested about 5000€ in my 2JZGE.

A few people on here will call me stupid BUT down here in Austria it is strictly illegal to turbocharge NA cars...

I dynoed it with 227 bhp and 282 NM torque.

It is a very agile car now indeed... I love it the NA-way :)

Can upload some pics/info/dynoresults when I'm home from work if somebody's interested.

Regards, Herbert

I assume a silly amount of nitrous would help get you there. For reference my BPU auto clocked 0-60 in 4.92 seconds with 404.9bhp, so I'm guessing your going to need serious power to get a 4.5, I'd use drag radials and maybe a high stall torque convertor if your auto.
Edited by Herb (see edit history)

Did a search on time and found 6.5sec? My question is -

How much money would it take to get a extra 2 secs?

List of mods needed? Prices? Thanks

A BPU TT running 400hp would struggle to get to 60mph in 4.5sec in the real world.

To achieve a similar sort of performance from a normally aspirated 2JZ-GE you would need to significantly increase the horse power - throw £20K into the engine/supporting parts and you may get close to 300hp - and then strip out a whole load of weight out of the car to get similar power to weight ratio.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

A BPU TT running 400hp would struggle to get to 60mph in 4.5sec in the real world.

To achieve a similar sort of performance from a normally aspirated 2JZ-GE you would need to significantly increase the horse power - throw £20K into the engine and you may get close to 300hp - and then strip out a whole load of weight out of the car to get similar power to weight ratio.

So basically you are saying it is a waste of money and a bad/stupid idea?

I thought about squeezing more power out of my NA when I bought it and as a first time Supra owner I didn't know any better. I very quickly learned that there really isn't much you can do with a 2JZ-GE.

The only really viable NA route is to go Lexus V8, other than that it has to be the turbo route mate.

Good luck in your quest for power! :thumbs:

I thought about squeezing more power out of my NA when I bought it and as a first time Supra owner I didn't know any better. I very quickly learned that there really isn't much you can do with a 2JZ-GE.

The only really viable NA route is to go Lexus V8, other than that it has to be the turbo route mate.

Good luck in your quest for power! :thumbs:

373bhp with no issues driven like a whore for 7 hard months says otherwise :) GE engines are just fine, they love boost, just need consideration with high comp. I know of an NA-T that just made 400bhp on the same set up. Boosted NA :D

So basically you are saying it is a waste of money

Probably, but modding cars rarely makes financial sense :)

and a bad/stupid idea?

Not at all, I'd love to see a high compression, high revving, stroked normally aspirated 2JZ-GE built from the ground up, but it'd need a big budget and a lot of time and dedication.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)