The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Custom Buttons on Heater Controls

Noz

OCD alert...

You've also corrected the slash in the "A/C " button - on the OEM button, the very bottom of the slash is in line with the very bottom of the A and C. On your first steel prototype it's extended (as it is in most typefaces, so understandable), but that sort of thing would annoy me... because that means it's not a stainless version of the OEM button and is therefore just wrong. :)

See where your coming from steve, but I'm not making OEM steel buttons, Im making custom buttons. The designs are also slightly different in comparison. I want to freshen them up. Replicating the OEM look goes out the window when you use steel as a front cover :)

OCD man :D

See where your coming from steve, but I'm not making OEM steel buttons, Im making custom buttons. The designs are also slightly different in comparison. I want to freshen them up. Replicating the OEM look goes out the window when you use steel as a front cover :)

OCD man :D

I know, and I think the work looks good, but my OCD still made me type... sorry! :D

• 1 month later...

Had a bit of bad luck getting custom stuff done lately but taking the buttons to work tomorrow to measure up for my custom jigs as my custom stainless guy is back supplying my with bits. Bit of work to make them all fit the same but shouldn't be much of a job just time and effort. Depending how easy the first set is will depend how many more il do. Still got a pillar to finish and a fuse lid.

• 3 months later...

So, time to get back onto my custom projects and finish all the job's I started.

I've just finished drawing up dimensions for the jigs to re-work the buttons surface to enable me to attach the custom buttons. Its going to be a length job prepping each one. Though I think it's going to look pretty awesome once finished.

I've still a triple pod to finish as well. I'm in the shed later cleaning up some wings Ive sold, I'll see what other un finished projects I need to finish.

Whats the matter with your buttons? Have you lost some.

I will do mine and then assess how good the jigs were, and maybe alter them and design new ones.

I will probably make a couple sets, but not many. The time to make these won't make them attractive to most people. As with all my stuff, I just about break even.

Watching with great interest as well! Good work dude!

Thanks mate :)

Let me see how I get on first guys. I won't know how much work is involved until I do it.

I will probably make a couple sets just to share the love.

I'm limited to the number of items I can sell as a hobbyist. If I come up with a new idea I'll only sell a couple sets at cost I can't supply these are an item. I may give people the details on the jig's I've had designed so people can try it themselves.

Edited by Noz (see edit history)