The mkiv Supra Owners Club

S2000 Stubby Conversion Kit

supra steveo

Guest mjheaberlin

Hey Steve. I'd like to purchase the kit with the signal booster. I've seen the cost is £56. Do I need to pay you extra to ship to the US?

Fitted my booster today and got around to wiring the 2 red wires up to a 12volt power supply, but as soon as they had power I lost reception and just got loud static noise and I have no idea why. Anyone else getting this?

Had aother look at this today and disconnected the red wire that goes to the actual aeriel and just powered the booster and all is working fine. No idea why the aerial loses signal whenpowered but doesn't matter now.

Edited by Big Mark
Updated (see edit history)

Guest mjheaberlin

1. Fitz

2. Andrew K

3. Hiten55

4. Drgrey

5. trd-rob

6. Yarco

paid list

1. Evin X

2. Rob Sri

3. J-Meiser

4. Amiro

5. Mull1986

6. Big Mark

7. jazz1

8. sz aero supra

9. Ric

10. Max5437

11. Andrew K

12. Gordy.r

13. Jk90

14. heedthebaw

15. Mick901

16. supersizejim

17. Grasmt

18. mjheaberlin

Just sent my payment. Thanks Steve!

evin if you put more of a bend on the bracket you will be able to have it looking straighter

if you attach the 2 red wires together and then run a wire to one of the power wires behind the headunit then it should constant power , dont wire it to the power conection that makes the aerial go up and down as the power only stays on for about 30 secs

1. Fitz

2. Andrew K

3. Hiten55

4. Drgrey

5. trd-rob

6. Yarco

paid list

1. Evin X

2. Rob Sri

3. J-Meiser

4. Amiro

5. Mull1986

6. Big Mark

7. jazz1

8. sz aero supra

9. Ric

10. Max5437

11. Andrew K

12. Gordy.r

13. Jk90

14. heedthebaw

15. Mick901

16. supersizejim

17. Grasmt

18. mjheaberlin

Just sent my payment. Thanks Steve!

Sorry not been on here for a while. Have i missed the offer, if not how are we making payment? Steve? :)

Would anyone be so kind and put up a pic of the two red wires connected up to the 12v feed please. I'm really basic with electrics and don't fancy cutting the wrong wire. Many thanks guys

Mine's all covered by the boot trim so can't take a photo, but you literally have one red wire on the stubby aerial and one red wire on the booster. I have amps in my boot so I got a feed from their 12 volt power, ran a wire back to the aerial location and connected the end to both of the red wires. But as I said earlier, for some reason sending power to my aerial caused major interference so I have just fed power to the booster and it works.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mjheaberlin

Don't mind my paint job, I know it's a mess! That project is coming soon enough. I painted the tip of the extension bar black and got the antenna fitted. My OEM antenna was busted, so I've already got better reception and I haven't powered the amplifier/signal boosters. Once I figure out how to run power from the ignition live behind the head unit, I'll get that done.

antenna_before.jpgantenna_after.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.