The mkiv Supra Owners Club

400 miles trip £100 of fuel... good mpg or not?

Supra N_A

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best mileage I've had (a few times now) is 370 to a tank (with a bit more left) although this was all motorway driving, no boost and cruising at 70 max! Not as much fun though.

On a j spec with a 60 litre tank ?

I managed 350 out of a jspec tank when I went to the LMM meet in January. It was mainly using cruise control at 70 but there was a bit of boosting once I met up with other Supras lol. Didn't think there was much in the tank though once I got back home!

I think Im going to do coil pack connectors, spark plugs, O2 sensor and ecu coolant temp sensor and see how that goes. Also been reading up on Terracleaning for the fuel system, although still not convinced it would make much difference on a car thats just run on Super? Not expecting stella MPGs but as Dunk has said would like to get the car running as best it can :)

Think the best I've had is 250 miles out of a J Spec Tank, BPU Auto. New O2 sensor and plugs. Never use air con though! Most of my journeys are short-ish, lot of start stop driving, combined mileage of about 12 miles a day. Think I will look at changing the ECU temp sensor; can't hurt!

Depending on where in Somerset and what you pay a litre thats pretty good and you

must drive very sensibly :D

Bridgwater, Somerset and think I paid £1.40 or something for vpower.. Don't really pay attention to fuel prices these days. And mostly a roads on boost so not that sensible :)

My NA drinks just as much as my TT (well, ever so slightly better), I don't get that!! Then again saying that, I managed to go from London to Rotterdam, hoon around on Saturday and come back on Sunday (including a mad dash) and use just over 1.5 tanks of fuel!

I managed 352 miles (did a thread about it), in a tank on my TT from a weekend break in France! That including a few runs with some motorbikes! :sly: