The mkiv Supra Owners Club

400 miles trip £100 of fuel... good mpg or not?

Supra N_A

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just ordered one of these DOX-0228, so will report back once fitted and tested.

Also doing spark plugs at the same time.

Thats the one I got from sparkplugs.co.uk. Unfortunately it didn't last very long. :( I know it's a Denso like the stock one is. Im back to using the original one the car came with. Car seems to run a bit smoother and mpg has improved.

God know why it never lasted. Go oem or go home is what I say! I hope you have better luck than me with it.

I managed Huddersfield to Edinburgh (about 236 miles) on £40 .... dullest drive ever. I would recommend it if you like being over taken by buses on the motorway :innocent:.

Normal driving I usually get about 95 miles per £20, it has new denso 02's sensors fitted though.

are any of yous driving with air-con on in this weather? that'll knock your MPG down a fair bit.

Yeah, i had it on full blast on a run to loch lomond last week, i did about 50 miles and it used 1/4 of a tank. Pretty expensive to run!

I just worked it out that the 1/4 tank of V-Power i replaced cost about £30 @ aprox £1.42ish p/l. A full fill up can cost £115ish (£113.60 @ £1.42 but it can fluctuate) for me depeding on how long the orange light has been on ( i thought the UK spec is 80 litres? you might get 70 in when the light comes on, but i thought the reserve was 10 litres?, dont have my manual handy)

I normally get 320 miles to a full tank, so at say £113.60 a tank, £113.60 % 4= £28.40 and 80 miles per 1/4 tank, compared to 50 miles with the A/C on is a diffrence of 30 miles per 1/4 tank or 120 miles to a full tank.

So going by that, if i had the A/C on full blast for the full duration of a tank id only get 200miles, so would cost (@35p per mile) £42 more to go the 320 miles id normaly go.

dont know how to work out the respective mpg.....

my.head.hurts. :twak:

Mine does about 110miles mix town and b-roads, on about £35-40 depending how i drive, dont use the car for work but when i do this is what it does, on the motorway just crusing its better. Recently drove from south wales to ledbury, around 120 mile i think, took about £20-25

Edited by supraGZaerotop (see edit history)