teddan

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great progress mate. That turbo looks huge :D

It’s at least big :) Due to I have to pass MOT in some way my small T78 charger is back on the manifold. Also my new DP and exhaust system for the Precision turbo are delayed so I need to try to start this engine asap so the T78 will du the job for a while...

Nice progress. Hope to see at Gatebil. With bilprovning and single turbo..? Do you have to do something special? or will they just allow that you have changed to single instead of twins?( as long as pollution is good)

The target is to run at Emmaboda(18 of May), but I dont know for the moment if the time will be enought. Yes there will be problem at bilprovningen(MOT) but sometimes you can get away if your single is small. So I have installad my old T78 setup again for the moment. I also purschase a lot of twin part for the moment as a back up plan.... We will se :)

• 9 months later...

I bought a vent kit with the covers but it doesent fit good at all. It is hitting the charger and this is the small turbo! I think I will solve it with weld new female fittings instead..

For the moment the fuel installation look like this and it is from the previous owner. Seems nice but it SMELLS gasoline inside the car. No leakage so the hoses vent some fumes.. This need to be changed and moved outside the car.

Anyhow I just put the injectors size in my maxx ECU and then I started directly! Bad movie from the start!

[video=youtube;C5Xz-nYrLjw]

After some smaller fix it looked like this( note the small garage! everything takes 2 times longer inside here then i should do!)

Edited by teddan (see edit history)

Time for tune the engine!

When we started to load the car for the travelling to the tuner(approx 2hours of driving) the car was just to wide!

Just when i fired up the engine to help get the car in the right position, I heard a snap and the car started to leak oil heavily. The gearbox ear has give up and there was a small hole directly into the gearbox where oil was leaking out.

So to fix the gearbox we welded the ear and that should be ok for the moment.

So after a couple of weeks I had a new time for tuning/brake in the engine.

I friend help me this time with load the car.

And my friend are also owner of the transport "car". This time the gearbox ear made it and I also change the front tires to some spare tires that I bored to not damage my rims any more.

At the tuner. As this is my first engine built it was a little bit scaring!

The engine was brake in and 2 things that need to be adjust is the cams. As I am running 280 cams the should not be in the same positions as stock cams.We fix this to 90% directly but it need to be checked again! Alsomy trottle are not good. It will not always close perfect. It turns some times my idle very high. There where also leakage around it when we pressure tested it.

Okey, here I learned a lot but as is was also the first time it is like it is. Pressure test your system and checked it carefully after leakage before you go to the tuner.

Great thread, however your oil cooler is massively undersized i am running a 60 row.

Far more important is the oil filter! You are running the risk of the lines and possibly the filter draining out by being above the sump. I would check it on an oil pressure gauge asap!

Great thread, however your oil cooler is massively undersized i am running a 60 row.

Far more important is the oil filter! You are running the risk of the lines and possibly the filter draining out by being above the sump. I would check it on an oil pressure gauge asap!

Thanks for the input, I will check the cooler.

I am running both temp and pressure gauge direct on the filter support and there has been no problem so far. Please explain more :)

• 11 months later...

So the engine has been taken apart again due to some upgrades this winter.

Setup for the moment

Engine

Cp pistons (20 over)

Upgraded wristpins (0.250 wall thickness)

BC sportman rods with ARP625+ (Should be same as Brian Crower Pro Series Rods)

Titan billet main caps with ARP bolts

ACL Race bearings

Main L19 bolts

Brian Crowe 280 Race Cams

Brian Crowe Springs and Retainers kit

Titan Cam Gears

Welded timing gear

Billet Tensioner

Greddy Timing belt

VAG ignition coils

Fuel Setup

Bosch 2200cc

Dual 6AN PTFE Feeding lines

6AN Retur line

Dual Walbro 450 LPH

Engine mangement

MaxxEcu Plug In

Google Nexus7 GEN2 tablet to MaxxECU

MaxxECU PWM module

Ethanol sensor for fuel temperature and ethanol content

Exhuast and Turbo

Precision GT42-7675R

Dual TIAL wastegates

Custom made exhaust manifold in stainless steel.

4 Inch SS downpipe and midepipe

Garage Whifbitz 4" S/S Supra Exhaust Twin Box

Transmission

Clutch RPS Billet Carbon Triple Disc

6 spd manual gearbox

TRD 6 Speed Gearbox Mount

Edited by teddan (see edit history)