The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Declaring all the mods ?

thedirtycat

Guest suprasteven
If you go to an insurance company that understands Supras and their owners

you should be able to get competitive pricing with all mods declared.

Any names of any decent ones?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CCI insured mine and i told them i didn't use it for motorsport, the woman told me they have a road use policy as well. I still got the free track days offer though :D

I would check your policy, Quote from CCI when i asked for a quote for another car.

Jamie,

Unfortunately we can only offer cover for vehicles that are being used in connection with motorsport.

Many thanks

Jennifer

They insure up to 10k miles on the road and give 4 free track days, whether you use them is up to you.

Thats good then because I might only do 5k miles a year or 6k at the most. The track days thing is good because my dad has a vx220 and will hopefully do some track days with me this year :)

I would check your policy, Quote from CCI when i asked for a quote for another car.

I guess the potential use of the free trackdays they offer you is enough for them to class the car as use in Motorsport. I definately told the lady i didn't use it for motorsport. There's a few people on here that have insured through them. I will ring them when i get home anyway and check.

Policy with Aviva all looked good to me, been through the smallprint and asked as many relevant questions as possible. Not sure why they would give 10000 miles on the road coverage and then get arsey because you don't thrash it round a track risking a scrape that they will have to pay for. The excess goes from £350 on the road to £1350 on the track and no windscreen cover on the track. Also they cover trackdays which can't really be classed as 'competition'

Edit: the trackdays are only on circuits that they have on their 'list'

They insure up to 10k miles on the road and give 4 free track days, whether you use them is up to you.

As far as they told me, they only insure cars used in motorsport, Id check your policy, have a crash on the road and they find out the car has never been used in motorsport you could be in bother.

The hint is in the name really, "Competition Car Insurance"

As far as they told me, they only insure cars used in motorsport, Id check your policy, have a crash on the road and they find out the car has never been used in motorsport you could be in bother.

Would they be able to prove you don't use it in Motorsport though? I could have done 3 trackdays this year for all they know.

Would they be able to prove you don't use it in Motorsport though? I could have done 3 trackdays this year for all they know.

As with most things, you would have to prove you had used it in motorsport.

Might be wrong but i cant see it, Her email could not be any clearer really.

You're probably right, its why I didn't go with Elephant

:D

I was ringing round last week and spoke to CCI and a woman told me they insure road cars as well as cars used in motorsport.

As with most things, you would have to prove you had used it in motorsport.

Might be wrong but i cant see it, Her email could not be any clearer really.

From their website

Now part of Towergate, Europe’s largest independent insurance intermediary, we can also offer many other insurance products including household, private motor and travel.

i pay my tax.

i pay for car insurance

i never speed.

heavy foot (not me)

Dangerous driving ( preposterous)

Overtaking (too scary)

Undertaking (are you absurd)

I drive to the law..

Thread can now stay open.

Wow thanks for your permission.

What would we do without you?

I was ringing round last week and spoke to CCI and a woman told me they insure road cars as well as cars used in motorsport.

From their website

Very strange that, wanted to get my other cars insured with them but they was not interested, maybe they have changed the way they do it very recently, that email was on the 2nd of April.

Very strange that, wanted to get my other cars insured with them but they was not interested, maybe they have changed the way they do it very recently, that email was on the 2nd of April.

Spoke to them on the 4th of April and their website also states that they insure private vehicles as quoted above. Sounds like she didn't know what she was on about, having dealt with an insurance cock up of late this seems to be common.