The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New engine mounts fitted... 100% recommend this!!

Supra N_A

• 2 weeks later...

so what actual difference does it make?

is it noise only?

harsh vibration?

and can you check visually?

If I did not have a 4" exhaust then perhaps I might notice a difference.. but I can not say that I feel my current supra is any nosier than any others I have owned pre facelift and post..

current is 60k 1999 vvti..

and can you check visually?

underneath with a feeler guage but not visually. My old facelift you could rotate by hand the lower metal cup part of the mount 5-10 degrees with it in situ - definitely gone. The facelift mounts have a triangular piece low down and there should be a few mm clearance between that and the lower metal cup mentioned above, as the mount 'goes' the gap closes up and you get metal on metal contact therefore vibration.

The vvti engine or facelift models, infact cars from dec 95 have the newer design engine mount., that suffers prematurely..

the cars from 93 to nov 95 are fine but after this toyota fitted new design mounts but they dont last aswell as the older version.

ive got a vvti engine to put in my supra but im keeping my 1994 mounts as said above much better

Have to agree with all that has been said about changing the mounts it makes sooo much difference:d.

I would do an how to but it would not help many people because I removed the front sub frame to change the oil pump and FMS so access was brilliant.

If anybody wants help on removing a front subframe whilst on axle stands I can guide them and when I get time I will do an how to for that.

My mounts were causing all the interior trim to rattle. Swapped out for some TRD's and it's all good. I could tell the difference as soon as i turned the key.

This was at 50k miles so they didn't last long at all. This begs the question - If the engine mounts are this crap, what are the gearbox mounts like?

Are they the same across all the years?

• 1 month later...