The mkiv Supra Owners Club

how old for reasonable insurance?

Guest ollieTRD

I have a 94 n/a auto L reg jap import supra with full body kit insured in all of uk and like for like incase of accident with sound system insured for £2500 and my insurance is £990 a year. devastated if there are people out there with t/t manuals who are 27 years old with 8 years no claims getting cheaper then me :(

Got my insurance yesterday from Admiral. 21, 4 years driving, 0NCB due to being used on another car, TT Auto Aerotop full BPU plus a few extras with all mods declared, £1050.

If thats for real then thats pretty damn good, are you sure its on an import tt and not a uk tt ?

Got my insurance yesterday from Admiral. 21, 4 years driving, 0NCB due to being used on another car, TT Auto Aerotop full BPU plus a few extras with all mods declared, £1050.

that is a very good price! im with admiral on a multicar policy, which bring the price down too :)

That's for a UK or MK 3 mate you need to tell them its a MK4 import, there is no way it is that cheap FACT

If thats for real then thats pretty damn good, are you sure its on an import tt and not a uk tt ?

That's for a UK or MK 3 mate you need to tell them its a MK4 import, there is no way it is that cheap FACT

If his already insured & given his number plate then surely it should be correct?

If his already insured & given his number plate then surely it should be correct?

Nope half the insurance companies I rang with my car kept asking me if it was an sz, gz etc I told it wan't an import and they said it wasn't on there databases.

Insurance price depends a lot on where you live, I'm 36 with 4 years no claims, no accidents or points. I was looking to buy a TT but now I'm living in Birmingham the quotes from Money Supermarket are over £1600, I got quotes at previous addresses in Southampton and Banbury and they're around £600. Hence why I'm going to save my money and am looking for a very tidy manual NA. Tho even this looks like it is going to be over £900.

Insurance price depends a lot on where you live, I'm 36 with 4 years no claims, no accidents or points. I was looking to buy a TT but now I'm living in Birmingham the quotes from Money Supermarket are over £1600, I got quotes at previous addresses in Southampton and Banbury and they're around £600. Hence why I'm going to save my money and am looking for a very tidy manual NA. Tho even this looks like it is going to be over £900.

True but there is no way that quote is right as for an import it will be almost triple what he has quoted regardless of where you live. When I was 21 with 3 years driving and 3 years NCB cheapest quote I could get on an import TT was 3500 from Admiral, even with an extra year on both it would be over 2500. That's disregarding the fact's its BPU !!!

I was £950 on a 94 J-Spec TT at 21 with 3 years driving and 3 years NCB. That was DEFINITELY a J-Spec TT as I had numerous phone calls to clarify so that it wasn't a UK.

I'm being quoted £450 for the same car for my renewal at 24 with 6 years driving, 2NCB, a claim at fault and a CD30.

I was £950 on a 94 J-Spec TT at 21 with 3 years driving and 3 years NCB. That was DEFINITELY a J-Spec TT as I had numerous phone calls to clarify so that it wasn't a UK.

I'm being quoted £450 for the same car for my renewal at 24 with 6 years driving, 2NCB, a claim at fault and a CD30.

Can I ask who you were with? Just building up a list of companies to call when my renewal is through :D