The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Testing New Prototype 4" Exhaust (new video added with Boost)

JamieP

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as it'll go. Got twin 044's, -10 fuel rail, triple carbon clutch, twin billet turbos. Should be able to flow 80-90lb/min of air. I really think the 3" will restrict it.

Maybe 750whp?

3" will 100% restrict that, when i tried a 3" system it killed the performance on my car.

You will make much more than that, Lee did 825 at the hubs with 1.8bar iirc, 2.2 bar you should be in the 1000 hub range id have thought, as with my car fuel will be your limit.

What size are Ken hendersons HKS twins? he did over 1100 whp iirc.

Sounds great and looks amazing too, how is this back box installed, is it exchangable or is it welded onto your existing 4''system exhaust?

Just slips over the system, same as a HKS or BL back box fits.

3" will 100% restrict that, when i tried a 3" system it killed the performance on my car.

You will make much more than that, Lee did 825 at the hubs with 1.8bar iirc, 2.2 bar you should be in the 1000 hub range id have thought, as with my car fuel will be your limit.

What size are Ken hendersons HKS twins? he did over 1100 whp iirc.

Not sure on Ken's mate. I've got a different route, with complete modern turbos from Owen Developments. Modern technology, blade area and material - Effectively GTX range on mine. Turbos are rated for 620bhp each at 2.5bar.

I'll be going for the max 3" will allow, get the car used for a bit, then see about some kind of quiet 4" system in the winter.

Not sure on Ken's mate. I've got a different route, with complete modern turbos from Owen Developments. Modern technology, blade area and material - Effectively GTX range on mine. Turbos are rated for 620bhp each at 2.5bar.

I'll be going for the max 3" will allow, get the car used for a bit, then see about some kind of quiet 4" system in the winter.

Nice :D