The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Found the cheapest insurer for my Supra TT (phoned a few)

Lude

so the dreaded time of year, insurance renewal :rolleyes:

im 27, 6 years NCD, 6 points (SP30 + TS10) and 2 fault claims (in 2008 so they are getting quite old/less rated)

car is a BPU Supra.

last year i paid £900 with adrian flux. this year my results are as follows.....

Adrian flux - £930 with 450xs

Lynbrook - woudnt quote due to age/mods

Sky Insurance - £842 with 350xs

Livingstones Warman - £735 with 500xs

Admiral/elephant - £705 with 350xs (however thats with only some of the mods, think they will exclude cover on FMIC & boost controllers, or may just not accept the quote)

competition car insurance (CCI) - £628 with 500xs :D

well happy with this, all mods covered etc and even comes with free track day cover (not that i require it)

the list of insurance companies go on forever and i physically cant call them all. has anyone got an insurer thats cheaper than CCI? (which are not in my list above)

i am happy with that but if i could get premium in the £500 region id be ecstatic :)

Need2Insure were the only ones that beat competition for me - £405 FC.:)

ive called them, they are calling me tomorrow.

Isnt there one called performance direct, sure I read about a cheap quote on here.

Edit: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?263930-Insured-my-supra-today-OMG&highlight=insurance

Edit again: just seen that you have posted on that thread, did you try them?

yes i went onto compare the market, they were over £2000

CCI, heres the link.

http://www.competition-car-insurance.co.uk/contact.htm

i work in insurance myself, and too questioned the cover. they do track cover, and normal Social Domestic & Pleasure cover, and comuting.

panic over :D

just awaiting call back from Need2Insure, and i might give Aplan a call, and will report back :)

EDIT:

need to insure coudnt compete with CCI. their price for me was £746

Edited by Lude (see edit history)

Wow that is cheap... Im 28 with 4 year ncb, 9 points & one fault injury claim (drunk jumped out infront of my supra) and the cheapest ove found was £1040 fully comp £250 excess on an N/A??? And i was paying about £1400 on a twin turbo supra and £1500 on an rx7 fd3s wide arch (amemiya).

But i think area makes a big difference, london is too expensive.. My friend was quoted £2500 on a evo 6 in London and £1200 somewhere about 1-2 hours away from london

Can you do an online quote with CCI or do you have to ring them up?

When my insurance runs out thats 3yrs NCB, at 25yrs old. Hopefully will be a good price

I did mine via email. They got back to me with a form to complete and email back.

i will call them when i come to take it out.

• 1 month later...
CCI, heres the link.

http://www.competition-car-insurance.co.uk/contact.htm

i work in insurance myself, and too questioned the cover. they do track cover, and normal Social Domestic & Pleasure cover, and comuting.

panic over :D

They wouldn't even quote me today stating they only dealt with limited use motor-sport vehicles and not daily drivers. I'm a little miffed as how a few on here obtained quotes as I didn't even make it to what make car it was. I was asked how many track days I would do a year and it would seem 3~4 ins't enough, so I would question their SDP and commuting cover. It would seem from reading others experiences with CCI that there is a curfew as far as the theft policy goes.