To scoop or not to scoop?

Havard

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

thats the reason i did it mate , bonnet just looked to plain, and it is a subtle scoop

And it works !!!

Just as an aside Toyota tested the cars with and without the rear spoiler and it knocked 9 mph off the top speed fitted BUT over any small bump it would break traction.

Lovely car Josh, shame about the fugly out of place wart on the bonnet.

I have never understood why they designed it like that, the whole car has soft curved lines and then they stuck that small square thing on the bonnet rather than have it blended and curved with the shape of the bonnet. Its like while they had a brainstorming session, while chatting about how they were going to design it on a budget for the uk market, someone rested their folder on the bonnet and they all perked up and said 'that'll do'

Edited by Robzki (see edit history)

I wonder how much rain and dirt get through the bonnet scoop?

Surely it makes the engine bay harder to keep clean?

Nothing worse than to have grit falling into your spark plug recesses etc.

Prob not as much as at Supra pod on a windy day when everyone leaves their bonnet up, ask any uk owners if thery have problems.

I wonder how much rain and dirt get through the bonnet scoop?

Surely it makes the engine bay harder to keep clean?

Nothing worse than to have grit falling into your spark plug recesses etc.

If its a genuine one, it channels the air down the side / rear of the engine block, so no dirt will get anywhere near the plug recess. Infact, the cam covers on my UK spec were in better condition than any other 2JZ engines vehichle I've owned.