The mkiv Supra Owners Club

went to see Paul!

JPow

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Page two i said ^^ New exhaust. Very happy with the product! Very different to other owners club forums i learnt the hard way i guess ;)

We are only playing fella just are way of welcoming you to the club. As you can tell we don't get out much nice supra by the way :)

ahhhh....you finally got your exhaust fitted then. we shall meet up soon and see who's the loudest :p yeah yeah i know....but hey...what else have we n/a guys got to brag about? :p

ahhhh....you finally got your exhaust fitted then. we shall meet up soon and see who's the loudest :p yeah yeah i know....but hey...what else have we n/a guys got to brag about? :p

No turbo lag?

A lighter car?

Cheaper to buy?

Better throttle response?

Better flowing intake manifold?

No turbos? (to wear out or blow seals).

No insipid wastegate squeal or whistle?

Better fuel consumption? (though not by much).

Generally less to go wrong and hence greater reliability?

Safer and more predictable throttle response in bad weather?

The option to NA-T and keep higher compression and also have plenty of boost up to about 8-9psi?

A determination to beat the twin turbo's in a drag race no matter what the laws of physics may dictate because you once beat a TT off the line?

:D

No turbo lag? I take it you haven't driven a TT then?

A lighter car? Enough to make as much difference as me driving before lunch vs after lunch.

Cheaper to buy? Auto TTs can be had for around the same money as Manual Autos

Better throttle response? Throttle response is the same, the difference is the pickup. Because the power is increasing to a much greater number it takes longer to hit its peak therefor feels less responsive.

Better flowing intake manifold? Really? I would have thought that huge 180 degree bend would have been a restriction.

No turbos? (to wear out or blow seals). At 200 quid a set I didn't lose any sleep.

No insipid wastegate squeal or whistle? Only time I heard anything of that description was when I set my MBC at 1.9bar and blew my turbos out my exhaust.

Better fuel consumption? (though not by much). Not by any as far as I'm concerned. If you drive the car for econemy they will both be about the same, or as near as makes no difference. A TT will run better on cheaper fuels too, although this is in an econemy run.

Generally less to go wrong and hence greater reliability? Turbos is the only concern. Better ignition system etc makes life so much easier in the TT.

Safer and more predictable throttle response in bad weather? IMO that's more a fault of the Auto than the TT in general. I found that unpredictability and my pants suffered the consequences.

The option to NA-T and keep higher compression and also have plenty of boost up to about 8-9psi? Takes away the positives and still doesn't get to TT BPU without a LOT of work, less cost effective.

A determination to beat the twin turbo's in a drag race no matter what the laws of physics may dictate because you once beat a TT off the line? Just race Abz, you'll crush him.

:D

:p

I've seen TTs going for 3.5-4k too though. It's all relative at the end of the day.

Very true but when i come to sell my NA it will be for a TT6 and there value is very simliar to when I purchsed my NA in the first place. But you don't buy a car and modify it and expect a profit at the end of the day.

I like bread

I wonder if Aliens like bread and which brand they'd prefer?

I'm guessing Warburton's Seeded Batch. I live on the stuff and I like Aliens, unless they're from Alpha Draconis or Beta Lyrae.

Edit; sorry for being Speciesist but seriously, they're terrible drivers; something to do with extra-gravitic overcompensation. Makes them oversteer all the time.

Where was Paul from?

Edited by Morpheus
Made no sense atall. (see edit history)