Who is running NA-T?

FOSTA

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unless you have a SZ-R, I think NA-T option would win every time.

You will come up against limitation of the transmission, if you can afford to change this to a 6speed to handle 700+ bhp then you probably wouldn't have bought an NA in the first place.

The NA engine will tune to 350-400bhp easily with a conversion and tune using the right components. Get your basic NA-T shopping list, leave the car at a decent garage and they will collect the minor components not so obvious to the beginneer supra owner.

Going TT will net you twinturbo 400bhp with BPU style, but you can have this on an NA engine with single turbo love. If you have an engine failure, NA engines are cheap and you can always remove the kit and sell the car on as you wish and sell the parts.

Reliability comes down to less stress on the engine due to lower compression and components designed for slightly higher power. Leaving room for big power with a TT lump is alright as long as you don't mind raiding your piggy bank for that 2.5k v160 gearbox swap out.

this puts me in a awkward place as I have a 98 SZ-R so i've got the V161 already with a NA however i'm planning on going 1J with a single for a few reasons :)

interested to here why you are going 1j when you can pick up a 2jz motor fairly cheap these days, especially as you have the 6 speed box already in your car.

For about 3 months. They go for a ride out in a big single and tell me your still happy.

Oh I know where your coming from but I need a TT to start the chase for big BHP my little NA just doesn't cut it.

I have considered the NA-t route with a Wifbitz kit as they look like a very nice bit of kit, the only thing holding me back is the limited tuning prospect, but I'm still waying up my options.

TT power is only 60bhp(Import)-100(UK)bhp more. with a stock NA-T kit your looking at 150 extra bhp. A standard kit with net you more power than any stock TT engine. Obviously most twinturbos are BPU or have engine upgrades, but with high compression that fights against the lag reduction of having a twin set up.

You've already bought your car, and given it lots of time, love, and emotions, peice your kit together and put some boost into it.

I wouldn't ever recommend starting a project with an NA though, as it's far more sensible bang-for-buck to get the TT in the first place, and get a 6speed and the only limitation is going to be your income.

If you had a GTE lump, you would never be looking up on compression ratio worries or stupid stuff like "I need new plugs, now I've got to remove all that intake nonsense off the top of my engine".

Edited by Noz (see edit history)

interested to here why you are going 1j when you can pick up a 2jz motor fairly cheap these days, especially as you have the 6 speed box already in your car.

I can get a complete engine for £750 with loom/ecu (last time I checked a complete 2J would be in the region of £1500-£2000) and you can sell the stock twins for £300-£350 depending on condition which recoups a fair chunk of the £750, the 1J is more than capable of the sort of power i'm looking for (around 600hp) on stock bottom end (although I will be uprating bearings, arp rod/main/head studs), I prefer the revvier 1J engine and it's also something a little different so has a bit of appeal in that respect :)

i have an na-t built by whifblitz , all i know is its got a t61 turbo, w58 box, fuel pressure regulator.....not really looked into it to be honest , car came with the conversion

[ATTACH=CONFIG]143870[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]143871[/ATTACH]

top stuff mate! looks sweet nice power too ;-)

I'd be looking for around about 400bhp.

That would be enough for me... For now;)

But I was thinking a TT aerotop would resale for more than an NA-T...

Price wise... I've been quoted £2600 for TT conversion with TT auto box... I think I'd struggle to do a decent single conversion for that?