The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-T... the results + video

Noz

The whole thing feels like a journey from collecting parts to understanding the process. It's not a simple drop it off and pick it up so I'd say the experience of the process is just as important as the final result. I've learnt so much along the way it was worth it for the experience.

The from starting it up you notice the difference. It sounds deeper, and has a whistle to the whole rev range. Most NA owners want a few more bhp, but this is seriously the nuts. Not had too much of an issue with traction but I've not pushed it seriously hard because of the weather. The main thing I've noticed is that it pulls hard in ALL gears and not just second. You forget what gear your in as each gear has so much pull.

When Ryan took me for a road test in it first and it made me smile I can tell you!

The cost to do a conversion isn't low and if your considering it then add £1,500 onto your budget and there will always be stuff you haven't account for or things you can prepare for. I had a caliper problem for example!

Sounds immense mate cant wait to finish my build. Iv just began to source parts for my conversion. Your right already i can see it costing lot more than I previously thought. Im in no rush so going to take my time and find the best parts available.

Few Q. pm me if You want?

Where did you buy the 7mgte 440cc injectors and Resistors for injectors?

Also where did you buy the 4Runner dizzy cap?

With all the parts sourced how much did Paul charge for fitting and mapping?

Cheers Jake

yea very happy, need to get the misfire sorted then Ryan reckons I'm good for 400. Your car at SRR with Ryan? Think I saw it

Yeah mine was the red one that should (i hope!) still be there. He was maping it Thursday/Friday.

Let me know if you need a boost controller :)

I do indeed, only a working one. I bought a non-working controller of someone on the forum, I've messaged him but not sure what the next steps are really. I didn't even have a lume :( What one do you have?

I have this one chap

http://whifbitzperformancetuning.co.uk/toyota-supra-supra-electronics-boost-controllers-boost-controllers-greddy-p-184.html

I also have the EMB to go with it, and all required looms.

As you seem a nice chap, find market/going rate for a 2nd hand one, PM me the link, I'll post it to you and you pay me when you get it working to your satisfaction :) If you don't, just send it back to me. The manual is available online (http://www.greddy.com/tech-support/profec-boost-control/) I don't have the paper copy anymore :(

I've tried finding when someone sold one last on the club, but all I can find is Spec-B controllers.

It also has a brand new boost solenoid which I bought from MVP for £130 as i was trying to isolate a previous boost leak! So it also comes with a spare solenoid.

Pics I can do of it all when I get my car back midweek.

Si

• 1 month later...

I have horrible blue hosing eeek, not colour coded at all with the NA bay. Am trying to spray my intake at the moment with a spare one Brendan gave me (thanks mate) so hopefully have something worth showing soon. Get that sexy dizzy on show :)

This photo if a bit of a blur as my mate is still getting the hang of taking photos :rolleyes:

Got the gauges all in, think I might swap my boost gauge out and use the 52mm hole for the boost controller.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/421965_10150682067610864_766035863_11372424_1242689373_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Looks quality mate. I'm definitely thinking of going turbo. Just have no idea where to start. Is it better to source or go for a kit? Cheers

Buying a kit - a decent kit, not some ebay cr*p - would be the best option unless you know what you are doing. Note an NA-T conversion is expensive to do properly, a lot cheaper to sell the NA and buy a TT or do a 2JZGTE engine swap.

The cost to do the conversion isn't cheap. Though your set up for higher power than BPU once you lower compression, your limited by transmission woes, so it just doesn't work out cheaper.

Buying cheap parts like manifolds won't matter, welding a manifold won't break the bank but getting decent parts like a good ECU and return lines make everything add up quickly.

Don't forget, you can get a turbo on an NA cheap, but if you don't buy all the supporting modifications its pointless. My clutch + flywheel cost me £670, thats just ONE example of a conversion cost that people don't often talk about, when I had everything installed from a completed shopping list, I had another £400 in parts like intake pipe, manifold bolts etc etc so theres 1k instantly to your budget that no standard NA-T kit or shopping list will give you.

Don't forget cheap kits WONT include ECU Clutch Intercooler OilCooler.... Best to go TT or spend a year doing ur research and peice your own kit together.