The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Been spraying the sequential turbo pipes :)

Lude

Just a quick question, but do you have to drain anything to get the turbo pipes off? or is it all just vacuum pipes? Going to start doing mine over the next few days so any info would be great. Never stripped either side down before so have no idea what to look out for of what might be a pita of a job to do.

its not a pain in the arse job really mate, read the guide i posted so you know where all the bolts are.

when you do the turbo side there is nothing to drain, its all air and vacuums. there are 2 pipes though with water in, but you dont need to remove them for the turbo pipes or even the heat sheild.

these are the 2 im refering to...

on the other side (manifold)

there are 2 pipes which go to the throttle body, underneath. these both have water in. when you remove only a small amount will come out, just plug them up so you dont lose much water.

also when/if you remove the idle valve, there are 2 pipes which go to the valve which have water in.

you can remove the valve though and just leave the water pipes connected. as it was off tho i gave mine a clean.

had a few people PM'ing me about the sizes of the stock pipes here

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x169/lude200/IMG00166.jpg

one is 50mm diameter by 120mm length,

the other two are the same size, both 58mm diameter by 80mm length.

just search ebay silicone hoses and there are plenty of people who make them up

Great stuff. Might do this later in the week.:thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Had a go at this today Mate, thanks for all the links and advice about the Vac lines etc, was a bit of a pita to get out though, could'nt get to undo the last few hard pipes that run along the top, so ended up leaving them in place while i got the turbo hard pipes and the heat shield out. Just got to give them a good refresh now.

yea i think i know which ones you mean,

the ones that go down to the back of the engine yea?

i left those too, and just cut the hardpipe with a hacksaw, then used silicone vacuums instead and hid them away.

il post an update tomo, as ive done a custom intake :) so happy with it, check out the thread tomo evening

I was thinking of doing the same thing. As long as you re connect everything back up the same way i cant see it making any difference. Do you know what size vac hose is needed to replace everything? I think most are around 4-6 mm?

edit, Yeah the ones that went down the back between the turbo and firewall.

Do you know what size vac hose is needed to replace everything? I think most are around 4-6 mm

correct mate, i had some 4mm vacuum, and some 6mm vacuum.

i had 2 metres of each, more than enough. always keeps as spare as itl get used at one point in your life lol

get the vacuums on ebay only a couple of quid literally

update today :)

got a tidy camera, as my blackberry is just crap.

put my custom intake together, as the stock rubber black on didnt really go

1st got some pipe from ebay, was perfect 76mm at one end, then tapers out to 85mm or so at the other end, like the stock does

cut it down to size and sprayed

then had some more samcos :p

cleaned and sprayed the APexi "induction kit"

put it all together

and fitted

de-greased parts of the engine bay, will do it all and spend more time, just did some while i had the PAS resivour & ignitor pack off

before

and also did the firewall (removed the sound proofing too)

tomorrow going to bleed the PAS (hope ive sorted my pump leek, as stripped pump and put new gaskets in last week) then fit the intercooler pipe and done :)

ive got the blue strut braces off and the cusco brake stopper, not suer of blue goes with it all? or shall i do it blackor yellow?

Edited by Lude (see edit history)

a lot of my vacuums are not used.

i only have one vacuum which runs underneath the turbo pipes.

the rest are jsut blocked off/not needed, as the carbon canister is deleted, i have a electronic boost controller, stock bov is removed, so you dont need all of them. look at the earlier pages ive colour coded the vacum hard pipes to show whats what

• 3 weeks later...

thought id post these to finish off the thread :)

sorted out the colour co-ordination, removed the strut brace

cleaned and primered

sprayed

and all together :)

real happy with how clean it all looks under there. the PAS resivour, intake manifold, the firewall, intercooler.

taken bloody ages :)

• 7 months later...