Offical Info and Convoy Thread - Suprapod July 7th 2012

drift_bear

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a look at the services located on the M6 and this one seems the best place to meet up as they have food venues etc....I'm sure we stopped here last year also:

M6 between J41 and J42

Address: Moto Hospitality Ltd

Southwaite Motorway Services Area

M6

Broadfield

Southwaite

Carlisle

Cumbria

CA4 0NT

If people have the postcode no one should get lost!:D

What you guys think!?

Had a look at the services located on the M6 and this one seems the best place to meet up as they have food venues etc....I'm sure we stopped here last year also:

M6 between J41 and J42

Address: Moto Hospitality Ltd

Southwaite Motorway Services Area

M6

Broadfield

Southwaite

Carlisle

Cumbria

CA4 0NT

If people have the postcode no one should get lost!:D

What you guys think!?

Sounds good to me matey, then again i aint driving so im going with the flow. :D it should be fine though, although the earlier we get there, means a few beers before bed and pod the next day. :D

Sounds good to me matey, then again i aint driving so im going with the flow. :D it should be fine though, although the earlier we get there, means a few beers before bed and pod the next day. :D

Geo wants to get there early to get you drunk Westy and make a private vid of you and him with the gopro on his helmet cam :rlol:

Geo wants to get there early to get you drunk Westy and make a private vid of you and him with the gopro on his helmet cam :rlol:

:rlol:

I can't wait to be that drunk!:D

fixed it for you, :p

Sounds like a challenge for Geo :burp:

shut it rent boy, your ass is toast down there, :D :rlol:

So what time do the Glasgow continent want to meet if aiming for Carlisle at 12...10am!?

Myself, Geo and TonyTT will no doubt be heading up the M77 from Kilmarnock so was thinking that somewhere in Tradeston either at Springfield Quay or Wallace Strett would give us an easy place to meet and get back onto the motorway.

Thoughts!?

So what time do the Glasgow continent want to meet if aiming for Carlisle at 12...10am!?

Myself, Geo and TonyTT will no doubt be heading up the M77 from Kilmarnock so was thinking that somewhere in Tradeston either at Springfield Quay or Wallace Strett would give us an easy place to meet and get back onto the motorway.

Thoughts!?

Im the only one from Glasgow to join the convoy i think and Tony suggested I just meet you all at the Hamilton services still. As for time, 10 sounds ok to me

Thats the first post now updated with the new route and times! We will get to billingham for around 7pm, that ok for everyone now?!

Still says it'll take 5hrs Aberdeen to Carlisle mate with you lot arriving at 1pm....we will be there at 12 if leaving at 10am....that way we will be there more around 6pm;)

Still says it'll take 5hrs Aberdeen to Carlisle mate with you lot arriving at 1pm....we will be there at 12 if leaving at 10am....that way we will be there more around 6pm;)

We need to stop off at edinburgh and then selkirk before heading to carlisle though dude, so that will add some time on to our journey. Were heading down the A90 then onto the A7 and across to carlisle that way - 229miles = 5 hours 11mins according to google maps.

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

Just out of interest why are you taking the A7 and not M8>M74? It adds at least an extra half hour on crap roads to your journey.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=aberdeen&daddr=carlise&hl=en&sll=55.668291,-2.164307&sspn=1.76597,4.581299&geocode=FRUJaAMdOgvg_ylJddcfTAWESDFyxPRc2gW76A%3BFSKeRQMdXkDT_yECuxVmbILopg&mra=prev&t=m&z=7

Edited by st3ven1 (see edit history)

Because Ailsa and Kieran need to drop of their dog at ailsa's folks house in Selkirk.