The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How legal is this??

Rob_Mitchell

ha ha, im only messing with this, got to have serious balls i guess but coming out the wings would be awesome if i can do it

Traffic now know that anything with a screamer is basically an unsilenced exhaust, a non recirc screamer is prob illegal.

Aha! I must be thinking of SVA or something.

Anyway, found this, again relating to exhausts:

Every vehicle propelled by an internal combustion engine shall be fitted with an exhaust system including a silencer and the exhaust gases from the engine shall not escape into the atmosphere without first passing through the silencer.

But then we don't worry about things like that anyway. :D Not that it counts for screamers I suppose.

Police threatened to impound my car last week. The exhaust gasses pass the whole length of the car, on the way they go through 2 silencers and a cat........ I wouldn't risk anything more illegal than what he says we have.

Just hope he doesn't catch us again otherwise he'll impound and see us in court.

Supra with a HKS T51 SPL screamer pipe and a full Titanium exhaust best sound ever and i got to live it truly epic sound

Couldn't agree with you more Wayne. I have the T51R Kai BB, 4-inch titanium exhaust and a HKS 60mm screamer pipe and it sounds as if hell is breaking out from the engine on acceleration. It's not a great combo for unwanted attention though.