The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jamesy's 0-95, 0-100 and 70-120 VIDEO pulls!!

Jamesy

Have you seen my vids of the siver car ??? You cant even hear a gear change it was so fast. That was with a stock ecu changing as well. That miss on the limiter will prob cost you a second at least.

Can you post up the links to yours mate?? shame its doing that as like you say its a good second sitting there.

Did your BL box do the same as mine is in 2nd and 3rd as in where it goes back to on the revs and changes up like around 6500?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to change manually James, the plugs were dieing on that run and it caught me out a little as it misfired.

Does it not screw the box to shift manually mate? Really hope theres a way round it as that second is a big deal on the strip!!

You may need to 'encourage' it to change gear, I cant work out hoe changing manually can damage the box.

me neither its meant to be a race box!! :blink: ...so do you mean jus lift off slightly to encourage change in 1st of completely off then on again??

the revs behaviour in 2nd and 3rd are ok though for a BL box right?!! :D

me neither its meant to be a race box!! :blink: ...so do you mean jus lift off slightly to encourage change in 1st of completely off then on again??

the revs behaviour in 2nd and 3rd are ok though for a BL box right?!! :D

Yes just a quick lift to make it change, mine redlined each gear, but they will all be different.

I would have thought a standalone auto box controller was the way to go for cars this heavily modified. That aside I am surprised JamieP hasn't bought a Lenco yet, just to up the game a bit higher ;)

Street Lenco or Liberty is the way to go, either can be launched off a clutch or Bruno torque converter and shifted manually or by air, Im going for a Liberty as they almost fit straight on.

Dont think you can stop the stock ecu changing gear low, the only way to do it is change manually or have a seperate gearbox controller.

Your prob right dude, the stock ecu will want it ti change round about stock redline, the only reason the first gear shift does not is the sheer power and speed its revving at, my 'stock' ecu was a mines unit with upped rev limit, for the very occasional use at the strip James will do I would just shift manually.

ok....had a little fiddle today and dont think we can really change the way its revving due to the stock ecu.

Ryans fitted launch control to it now, and Lee is going to wire a cable to the brake so when i stop power braking all hell should be let loose and no more bogging off the line.

Other option is to shift manually but BL have said no as it will screw the sync on the box. Even tried letting off throttle as it hi redline in first, but when i pushed down again it was still in 1st lol :D

Did a couple of vids after SRR with and without lauch control to see how its performing...just uploading :D

Edited by Jamesy (see edit history)