The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jamesy's 0-95, 0-100 and 70-120 VIDEO pulls!!

Jamesy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI Jamesy, I've watched the videos and most obvious issue is the 1st gear delay. I had quite a high rev limit of 8500 so I never hit the limiter. Are you doing you starts in 'D' ? In manual mode 1st to 2nd's the weak point. Your setup isn't really on the power where the stall is and then comes on very very hard past 5000 & straight into the rev limiter. You should be OK to change manually from 2nd to third if you want to get the full revs . What revs did it change into 3rd?

I had mine a little into positive boost by 3600 off the line and always brake boosted. I've put a couple of vids of my car up on vimeo but it'll take a while to be processed ( should be up by 18:30 )

If you dare, raise the limiter to get the 1st to 2nd change and give it another go!

As a guide I managed to hit 6.3 0-100 at pod, 103@1/8

Also I've just seen you post about only getting to 3000 rpms on the brake. I could push mine into 3700. Just maybe everthing is out of sync with the stall, getting it all out of shape .

Hi mate

ok my hi stall is now a 3200 so if i really stamp on the brake i should be able to make 3200-3300 rpm on the line..you're right though its not in its efficency range with that stall...thats fair enough its my fault for using that lower histall but its great now for everyday use!!

Regarding the 1st gear change, i just put it in Drive - BL said dont change manually. :search: ......... im wondering if running it in drive and OD off might help??

I just wish it would shift bang on the limiter in 1st as from a rolling start it shifts soo fast.

It changed gear in 2nd to 3rd @ 6500rpm which is stock rev limit i believe, and as its got the stock ecu thats probably why!

Were the vids on ths post with the 3800 stall?

I dont recall leaving the overdrive off changing anything really. Try it in 2nd and dont forget to ghange it into third. Keep your finger off the gear button though or you'll push it too far up and into neutral or reverse!

Also give it a run on low boost, from standing and again with less throttle (3/4)ish.

Is the fluid nice and pink or is it starting to go dark.

It's got to be worth giving the guys at boostlogic a call. They'd be in the shop now , the number I have is 0015123719960

I dont recall leaving the overdrive off changing anything really. Try it in 2nd and dont forget to ghange it into third. Keep your finger off the gear button though or you'll push it too far up and into neutral or reverse!

Also give it a run on low boost, from standing and again with less throttle (3/4)ish.

It's got to be worth giving the guys at boostlogic a call. They'd be in the shop now , the number I have is 0015123719960

Thansk again Robbie will chat it through with Lee tomorow... All these vids are with the 3200 stall

So is it safe to start in 2nd and shift into drive mate

Edited by Jamesy (see edit history)

Just checked fluid all nice and pink :)

Have you tried giving yourself a little more headroom with the revs in 1st?

I've just been looking on the U.S forum and it seems as you're banging the revs so quickly in 1st, the std change point gets passed too quickly for it to change up.

I think you have 2 options,

1: lower the boost in 1st,

or

2: raise the rev limiter!

If your'e still stuck , the std ecu I run is a G, force, with a high rev limit any ways, The change points on the auto shift have been slightly modded. Is your car j or uk spec, as mine is uk/us and so is the ecu. You could try this in it to see?

That's good as it's clear sign of overheating / clutch wear:)

Not always an indicator - my bust BL box had lovely pinky red fluid in it still despite the broken 2nd gear sprag, I had to send BL pics of the fluid and a video of what the car was doing.

Sounds like a speedo convertor is in the loop so is likely the no.1 culprit!

Have you tried giving yourself a little more headroom with the revs in 1st?

I've just been looking on the U.S forum and it seems as you're banging the revs so quickly in 1st, the std change point gets passed too quickly for it to change up.

I think you have 2 options,

1: lower the boost in 1st,

or

2: raise the rev limiter!

Absolutely mate. I am going to try a run on boost level 3-4 (low boost) just to try and give the ecu a chance in 1st gear. It comes in so hard and fast at 2bar it seems to have a paddy!!!!

Not always an indicator - my bust BL box had lovely pinky red fluid in it still despite the broken 2nd gear sprag, I had to send BL pics of the fluid and a video of what the car was doing.

Sounds like a speedo convertor is in the loop so is likely the no.1 culprit!

Having a niggly misfire issue today so didnt get chance to try. But will definitely disconnect speedo for 1 run to see how it behaves. Only prob is i cant run about everyday with no speedo! :D

If your'e still stuck , the std ecu I run is a G, force, with a high rev limit any ways, The change points on the auto shift have been slightly modded. Is your car j or uk spec, as mine is uk/us and so is the ecu. You could try this in it to see?

Thats really kind thanks mate. Mine is a jspec facelift though so not sure if it'll work?

Not always an indicator - my bust BL box had lovely pinky red fluid in it still despite the broken 2nd gear sprag.

I would think a broken spag would have other indicators than oil colour & I was referring to the change speeds and potential heat damage. I never knew your box broke a spag! :blink: