The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Syvecs Owners - New Display unit !

Ryan.G

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know why I didn't get a notification of your post Chris (must check spam) but, as you obviously know, we have discussed this now. I now have information from MoTec and am quite confident that it can be made to work with no problem, but please bear with me as I can't get on to it straight away.

FYI the production unit is "dual standard" operating using either RS232 or CAN bus - CAN provides more functionality but does require changes to the Syvecs calibration to make it all work, whereas RS232 works out of the box.

Many thanks for all the support and kind words during the development of this product, and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask :)

Cheers!!

Edited by TimH_
Removed unauthorised selling (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone installed and used one of these yet? That is outside of testing and development?

From what I have read this will read pretty much input and display any sensor going to the Syvecs. It will also remove the need to have map toggle/switches/buttons? Can it also be used to select different traction modes for a Syvecs with traction control setup? Or would I still need a switch for this?

If this thing does what it says I will sell my dash2 and go for one of these instead.

Edited by mwilkinson (see edit history)

Has anyone installed and used one of these yet? That is outside of testing and development?

From what I have read this will read pretty much input and display any sensor going to the Syvecs. It will also remove the need to have map toggle/switches/buttons? Can it also be used to select different traction modes for a Syvecs with traction control setup? Or would I still need a switch for this?

If this thing does what it says I will sell my dash2 and go for one of these instead.

If its what was in a skyliner at Marham Matt then its all up and working, looked ace and yes Im sure Ryan was saying that it can be used to select diff maps and TC etc.

Ryan has it up and running on the GTR and there is a member on here who has recently added it to their Supe:

Yup, I've seen that video, read this whole thread - I'm still not sure if they are in manufacture or not yet (i.e. full production units being produced in higher quantities than the odd one here and there). I know Ryan well, he mapped my Supra, the first VVTi to get the Solaris/Syvecs.

Yup, I've seen that video, read this whole thread - I'm still not sure if they are in manufacture or not yet (i.e. full production units being produced in higher quantities than the odd one here and there). I know Ryan well, he mapped my Supra, the first VVTi to get the Solaris/Syvecs.

Ah I see what your after now lol, not sure my post was any help :D

If its what was in a skyliner at Marham Matt then its all up and working, looked ace and yes Im sure Ryan was saying that it can be used to select diff maps and TC etc.

Good to hear John, sounds like a very good bit of kit. Will give Tim a shout via his website and see what the score is with production and availability.

Hi Guys,

VERY sorry not to have replied - despite checking all the settings I have not been getting notifications of people posting on this thread :banghead: I like to reply promptly to any query, so I'm very embarrassed not to have checked back here more often :imsorry:

Anyway, I can confirm that this unit is in full production and has been shipping since December last year.

I do believe there are some examples fitted to Supras, but I don't know who they may be: I know of Toucan's fitted to Impreza and Skylines, and of two fitted to Lotus', plus one in Ryan's GT-R as has been said.

Having checked settings AGAIN, I hope that I will see any replies to this, but I will check back in again soon in case I still don't get email notification.

Edited by TimH_
Got slapped wrists for selling on the forum - apologies as it was not my intention. (see edit history)