The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Syvecs Owners - New Display unit !

Ryan.G

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone, just bear in mind that Tim doesn't have permission to sell on the forum, but he can of course answer your technical questions re; this piece of kit :)
And profuse apologies for doing so - I got carried away :) Busily editing posts right now :) :)

Thanks TimH_, good to know - I'm starting to refresh my Supra ready to put it back onto the road and will definitely be wanting one of these, and my mate Mike with a GT-R34 as asking Ryan for prices the other day.

Are there are updates planned I should hold out for? What is the support process e.g. for updates that come out a year or so from now, can the owner download and install the latest firmware or whatever? (I'm assuming there is still some further development & refinement going on.)

Updates are made available on a reasonably regular basis. There was one in January to fix a bug with the launch control indicator, and I am just testing a new release that adds some new functionality: sensor failure alarms; injector duty cycle alarm; support for the new Syvecs custom serial data stream; PIN protection enhancement. In the future we have plans for user-configurable gauge pages and maybe more flexibility with the choice of pointer and gauge colour schemes. Also, support for other ecus is likely.

Updates are applied using a simple application you can download. It runs on a PC and connects to Toucan via USB. If you register the product we'll even let you know when updates are available.

I don't believe in only being able to apply updates for a limited period - basically, as long as we're developing the product, you will always be eligible for updates :)

Updates are made available on a reasonably regular basis. There was one in January to fix a bug with the launch control indicator, and I am just testing a new release that adds some new functionality: sensor failure alarms; injector duty cycle alarm; support for the new Syvecs custom serial data stream; PIN protection enhancement. In the future we have plans for user-configurable gauge pages and maybe more flexibility with the choice of pointer and gauge colour schemes. Also, support for other ecus is likely.

Updates are applied using a simple application you can download. It runs on a PC and connects to Toucan via USB. If you register the product we'll even let you know when updates are available.

I don't believe in only being able to apply updates for a limited period - basically, as long as we're developing the product, you will always be eligible for updates :)

Excellent, thanks Tim! :)

I'm sorry I don't know you but I've been away from the forum (and my Supra :() for a while - I met Pat when I volunteered my VVTi Supra for Solaris fitting/development and of course know Ryan, sorry if this sounds rude but where do you fit in, and when did Solaris become Syvecs (and is there any fundamental difference to between my unit and current ones or was it jsust a name change)? Things have obviously moved on since way back then! :)

Firstly, I'm not officially connected with Syvecs, although obviously I work closely with them. I have known Charlie for many years, mostly as a customer of Surrey Rolling Road, and met Ryan and Pat only fairly recently. Ryan, as a director of Syvecs, is perhaps best placed to answer your questions, but I do know Solaris became Syvecs a few years ago as they were told they couldn't use the Solaris name any more due to a well known operating system of that name.

As far as I know, the ecu's themselves have not changed significantly in that time - and I certainly know that the latest Syvecs firmware an be applied to ecu's regardless of age - I don't think there are any "gotcha's".

I should also add that I don't really know much about Supras - I came on here at Ryan's request to answer questions about Toucan first hand. My main experience is with Impreza's, but obviously my customers fit units to all sorts of vehicles :)

Edited by TimH_ (see edit history)

Have anyone fitted one of these yet?

I want one but holding off at the mo as a cant see where to put it.

If someone has found somewhere good, pictures please :-)

If you look at the Jti website you will see how small these units actually are. They are about the same size as a satnav unit. Which means with a vent clamp they can go in the top left drivers vent or attached to the windscreen like a satnav.