The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who's car is getting Mapped @ TDI tomorrow?

Geo

Just got back, all went really well.

Geo's drives superb, the figures were 605rwhp and around 560rwt. We were in a bit of a rush to get out the way as another car was waiting to get on. I dont have the printout so will get that tomorrow.

Big thanks to Ryan for his skills with the cam timing, we had an issue with the reverse stagger setup and it took a while to setup but Ryan got it spot on. It spools amazing, great street car, full boost by 4000rpm.

Edit: boost was 1.7 bar

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back, all went really well.

Geo's drives superb, the figures were 605rwhp and around 560rwt. We were in a bit of a rush to get out the way as another car was waiting to get on. I dont have the printout so will get that tomorrow.

Big thanks to Ryan for his skills with the cam timing, we had an issue with the reverse stagger setup and it took a while to setup but Ryan got it spot on. It spools amazing, great street car, full boost by 4000rpm.

Edit: boost was 1.7 bar

Fantastic mate, cant thank you enough for building this had no idea it would make so bloody much. :D

Fantastic mate, cant thank you enough for building this had no idea it would make so bloody much. :D

No probs, it really does drive nice.

It helps to use such a good dyno as well, makes it so much easier and you know it's going to be right on the road.

if doing it by percentages just do what dd rollers do and add 17.5% to wheel figure.

605 + 17.5% = 711

560 + 17.5% = 658

just much easier than trying to work it back from an unknown figure :)

Thats how i get it close, then i go backwards to check it or it looks like you are allowing 17.5% trans loss, loads of ways to work it out, i use to add 10bhp and divide by .88 which is what one dyno told me, its all a bit of a guess, rwhp is the true figure.

if doing it by percentages just do what dd rollers do and add 17.5% to wheel figure.

605 + 17.5% = 711

560 + 17.5% = 658

just much easier than trying to work it back from an unknown figure :)

Yep works for me, much easier than working it backwards

Home now. Got into kfc just before me and Lee dies of starvation and intake of dyno fuels!! Great day :hi:

awesome result there the coming on boost curve/power/rpm is almost mirror of mine, what turbo is that ? is it on a 3.0 still ?

Billet 6765 dbb with H cover and .81ar mate. Yeah still 3.0 ;)

Thats how i get it close, then i go backwards to check it or it looks like you are allowing 17.5% trans loss, loads of ways to work it out, i use to add 10bhp and divide by .88 which is what one dyno told me, its all a bit of a guess, rwhp is the true figure.

i agree mate whp is what counts, nice to have an idea though ? you heard anything on the gtx4202r yet ?

Well just got in from a long day :) Wanted to thank Ryan and Jurgen for all there hard work..... Was a little dissapointed with the outcome but hey its still foooookin fast :D .... Think next things are... Fully port matched head with lee p cams, 4 bar map sensor, A check over from the block, I will allso contact precision and see if there is any way i can get a bigger exhaust housing..... Was great to See Jamesy and Lee P today as well :D

Is a great result for 1.8bar and the head mate.

I could see on the fuel map that the Voloume Effficiecy of the engine was just choking up after 7500rpm and with a turbo this size it need lots of Rpm to get the gas speeds where they need to be in order for peak efficiency. Also after 7500rpm it was getting slight valve bounce where i would guess it has only single valve springs.

Needs some higher lift cams to squeeze as much air from that big arse blower into the CC.

Also im desperate for someone to check over the engine and just see what has been done to it as its all unknown and before revving higher i want to know. What rods, Rod bolts, valves, valves spring etc it has.

Once the above is done. Get some Power Pour or Methanol for it and 2.5bar will piss 1000rwhp.

Ryan

awesome result there the coming on boost curve/power/rpm is almost mirror of mine, what turbo is that ? is it on a 3.0 still ?

Due to the auto kickdown and manual mode issues today i could only go full throttle after 4300rpm so everything below that is 30% throttle!!

Doing another day guys on the 10th august for car which need final work before suprapod.

Cars already in:

1. Paul Whiffin

I only need the nos setting up on mine for first gear, can we do that at srr or dans? dont really want to drive all the way to tdi if i can help it mate.

Doing another day guys on the 10th august for car which need final work before suprapod.

Cars already in:

1. Paul Whiffin

Cant recommend this dyno enough guys. If Ryan has booked another slot for mapping amd your thinkig about it, i'd jump all over it u wont be disappointed :)