The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who's car is getting Mapped @ TDI tomorrow?

Geo

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martins figures are correct.1.1 bar made 577 rwhp with max torque @ 477 max boost by 4600.To say I'm happy with that is an understatement :DWe did a 1.4 bar run which made 680 rwhp but the fuel pressure dropped by over 10psi so left it at that.

Martins figures are correct.1.1 bar made 577 rwhp with max torque @ 477 max boost by 4600.To say I'm happy with that is an understatement :DWe did a 1.4 bar run which made 680 rwhp but the fuel pressure dropped by over 10psi so left it at that.

That's mighty impressive mate. Congrats :D

Bring up the dyno sheet when you have time ;)

That crazy at 1.1!! How is there such a variation between srr and tdi?? I would like to get mine to tdi for more boost, that's for sure.

I didnt find there was a huge difference, on my old 76 with the little .ar i did 830bhp fly at srr with it strapped very hard, few days later i went to tdi and did 748 rhhp which is about 880fly same boost, about 50bhp between them but id put most of that down to it having to be strapped so hard at ssr and maybe a bit of wheel spin.

Just spoke to mike.

He made 577whp at 1.1 and 680whp at 1.4 but had issues with his new pump so had to swap back to the walbro which is dropping pressure at 1.4 so he's limited to 1.1 till that's sorted. On the plus side he thinks it spools about 1000rpm sooner now :)

Was 577rwhp at 1.45bar not above

When I go tdi I will do a run at 1.3 just to get a direct comparission. I'm feeling very inadequate at 585hp now :(

I want to try out a dynojet, i think you have to change the settings though to read in yank hp, something about SAE and DIN.

Im not to worried like that mate tbh, I thought that 1.3 bar and 495 whp was bloody good, but compared to some of the tdi figures it looks a bit pants, like i may have a problem somewhere lol.

how much do you think that restricted power then below 4300 rpm ? it wouldnt make much more boost than it did lower down anyway would it ?

Check out Ricky49 Dyno sheet as they are pretty much similar in spec but a manual..

If I could get 100% throttle on Jamesy before 4300 it would spool around 700rpm quicker!

Check out Ricky49 Dyno sheet as they are pretty much similar in spec but a manual..

If I could get 100% throttle on Jamesy before 4300 it would spool around 700rpm quicker!

these turbos seem to spool so well and make good power, makes my t51r spl seem abit old hat now and prob not spooling as quick as a modern equivelant turbo would on a 3400 cc.