The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Group Track day

T2 MSW

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best bet is the free app for the iphone. Its not the most acurate thing on the planet but it gives a good idea.

Ill post up in the event section and se if anyone has a noise tester - you never know santapod may actually have one we can use.

Homer has one IIRC - he made this list: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?217156-Exhaust-dB-register&highlight=exhaust+register

Bedford is one of THE most stringent circuits in the UK for noise. The only way to be sure is to measure it with a properly specced meter. Pop into a local track day and get it measured, or by a proper meter to test yourself with. Buy one between a few of you if you like. Get the club to buy one? Or fit a system you KNOW will be quiet enough. I still don't get this obsession with hugely noisy exhausts, track use or not. I'd want to be as discrete as possible on the roads these days.

Info for Donington trackdays

August 2011

Monday, 01 August Donington Park National circuit Open Pit Eve, 98 db £129.00

Tuesday, 02 August Donington Park Grand Prix circuit 3 Groups p/h, 105 db £149.00

Thursday, 25 August Donington Park Grand Prix circuit 3 Groups p/h, 105 db £149.00

September 2011

Tuesday, 06 September Donington Park National circuit Open Pitlane, 110 db £395.00

Thursday, 15 September Donington Park Grand Prix circuit 3 Groups p/h, 105 db £149.00

Friday, 16 September Donington Park National circuit Open Pitlane, 98 db £225.00

October 2011

Friday, 14 October Donington Park National circuit Testing/ Trackday, 105 db £334.00

November 2011

Sunday, 20 November Donington Park National circuit Open Pitlane, 98 db £199.00

Unfortunatly this is why I dont think it is feasible for us to run our own track day. There is not enough intrest in putting supras on track :(

Time will tell but I think our best way forward is a group booking on a pre-organized day and hope for a bit of a discount.

Agree totally. Even getting a few Supra owners together on a given day at a given venue will be a challenge. So many cars are immediately ineligible due to loud exhausts, for a start. I think most Supra owners seriously interested in taking them on track are already doing so at events that suit their personal geographical and diary needs :(

Unfortunatly this is why I dont think it is feasible for us to run our own track day. There is not enough intrest in putting supras on track :(

Time will tell but I think our best way forward is a group booking on a pre-organized day and hope for a bit of a discount.

True, would be good even if we could just get all the real enthusiasts together on track.

Look here, this is typical for many UK circuits, but some have a lower limit. Donington has occasional days with NO noise maximum limit, but they are costly and book up early.

https://tickets.motorsportvision.co.uk/MSV-info/trackday_terms/Oulton%20Park%20Trackdays%20Terms.pdf

Just read the link. It will be interesting to see how they measure the noise on my car with the side exits. It states the median point between the 2 exhausts which means above the roof as they will not be able to get underneath??????????

Or will they just do it on one exhaust?

Guest neo9918

Interest for August

1. Chris Wilson

2. Jake Supra

3. MattySupra

4. Bignum

5. Jimmenico

Intrest for Oct/Nov

1. M5W TT

2. Chris Wilson

3. Josh