The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Minimal engine bay pics

hodge

Basically hodge, you would just fit your master cylinder with a direct link to the pedal, as opposed to through the servo first. Then fit a remote vacuum somewhere out of sight, maybe your inner wing. Then all you have to do is run the brake lines from the master, via the vacuum and then onto the calipers. Then run a vacuum line to the remote vacuum :) If your clutch is mega heavy, you could also fit a remote servo on that as well :)

Forgot to say, that if you wanted a challenge, you could fit some small motor racing masters under your dashboard, and then blank of the master cylinder hole in your engine bay. This would obviously require a massive amount of re-engineering of the under-dash pedal area, but im sure a man of you impeccable skill and perseverance would be up to the challenge, as you are striving for the ultimate shaved look! Lets face it, if I can do it to an old 60 american muscle car, im sure you can manage it on a sup! Oh yeh and you would also need to run a remote master, but you could hide this under the scuttle i reckon ;)

Im liking all this idea but ill need a lot more info before i undertake something like this.

I wonder if any cars use a drive by wire type thing for the clutch and brake????

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure if it's possible but could those breathers not got straight back into the wiper motor area & from there into the wing, so you don't have those huge lengths of braided hose on show?

I know it's something you've already relocated once & might be completely impractical as I'm used to Aristo's not Supra's.

Not sure if it's possible but could those breathers not got straight back into the wiper motor area & from there into the wing, so you don't have those huge lengths of braided hose on show?

I know it's something you've already relocated once & might be completely impractical as I'm used to Aristo's not Supra's.

Not a bad shout

Theres no room under there for -12AN lines unfortunately. between my wiper motor and the other stuff ive got in there its pretty full.

And to be fair i do quite like them cos there different.

Bloody hell do yourself a favour mate and turn it in :yawn:

I've seen you fishing for recognition as the all mighty cleanest bay, on several occations now hogde, and you always compare your Supra to KDW, why so touchy when given feedback on the matter then?

I don't know where you got the idea that the o2 gets the best reading in the midpipe.. The location of KDW's sensor is exactly where FJO recommends it, and why do you think Full-Race puts the bung there on their DP/MP combo? Go figure..

Regarding the EGT, again you don't make much sense. The best solution is to monitor EACH cylinder with 6 individual sensors, but putting a single EGT sensor in runner #6 is opening up the door for a whole lot of troubles. Placing it within a ft after the turbo is a much better option. Especially with a large frame turbo like his, that won't act nearly as much of a heat buffer as a smaller framed turbo.

Im liking all this idea but ill need a lot more info before i undertake something like this.

I wonder if any cars use a drive by wire type thing for the clutch and brake????

Its not a fly by wire exactly, theres still a physical line between the different components of the braking system. If you want to talk about the idea, I have thought about it a lot myself. If you're interested ill happily share all my ideas with ya, just drop me a pm!

Its a stunning bay mate, a credit to your hard work, if i was to change anything it would only be a couple of bits.

Id change to breather pipes so they dont exit over the front wheel, ive had two engines let go on me that have pumped oil out the breather pipes, stopping could be interesting with that setup.

Id also change the top rad hose to aeroquip fittings.

I would hide the BOV in the bumper.

I would also change the turbo heat sheild to something smaller.

Right guys, I've had a little sleep on the sofa, then poped out and looked at the cars engine bay and infact the whole car.

IMO and my opinion alone I've way way surpassed KDWs Money pit. Maybe not it terms of performance (so he claims) but in looks, style and individuality. Any fool can ring Titan and say send me 200k worth of bits please cos I'm the ihotola of Supras and my wallet is bigger than my dinkle. But most of the parts on my car have been modded or even made to my own spec which to me makes it that bit more special.

Wether JVC-Dm likes my car or not is totally irrelevant. I've been inundated with p.ms from UK and US members asking what this guy is smoking.

Put ya wallet away dude, buy some Monster, n get some initiative, now that's a Hodge starter pack right there. If you try hard you might be able to out-do me but I very much doubt it cos your a little too off the handle and arrogant for that.

Thanks to all the p.ms I've received from the member of the club it's greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

I suppose the changes people would make are just personal preference really. Everyone has there own but to just more or less say the bay is a mess I'd love to have some of what JVC-UK is smoking.

If anyone thinks I'm being a little harsh feel free to drop me a p.m and I'll explain.

Mate, the only legitimate claims that can be made about KDW's car being better than yours is that the bay in his has been totally smoothed, and the cost.

And, in my opinion, the fact that you've done all the work yourself to make a car on par with the best out there (folks the likes of Ryan Woon, Ken Henderson, Inferno and SW) is simply jaw-dropping.

I think you deserve a massive pat on the back, and I for one will be buying you beers at Suprapod.

Mate, the only legitimate claims that can be made about KDW's car being better than yours is that the bay in his has been totally smoothed, and the cost.

And, in my opinion, the fact that you've done all the work yourself to make a car on par with the best out there (folks the likes of Ryan Woon, Ken Henderson, Inferno and SW) is simply jaw-dropping.

I think you deserve a massive pat on the back, and I for one will be buying you beers at Suprapod.

It really has nothing to do with who's the best n being better than everyone else. I just love what I'm doing. I just don't appreciate someone coming on pretending to be someone else (he knows what I mean) and slagging my work off because he thinks I said mine was better than his oh I mean his friends car.

Robs gold rush project engine is out of this world and no doubt when it's in the bay will be 1 of the best I've seen, and Rob texts me regulaly for advice and pointers which I give very freely why would I do that if I gave a shizzle who's car was better. Bosscos engine is awesome, so is yours, Jamie.Ps, Johnny.G's, Lee.Ps, jamesys, just but to name a few. We don't do slagging eachothers work off cos in out opinions we have better than eachother. Were a community of people with a common interest here, not a bunch of school boys arguing over who's hot the biggest nob in the shower, (I'd lose cos mine not that big lmao).

Hodge looking awesome.

Only thing i dont like is your cam gears. you could either change them out for Greddy ones see my garage, or chrome the underdrives and get some bling Titan jobbies.

Take a look at Jamie P top rad hose, much nicer.

Reroute the breather pipe straight and down the transmission tunnel..

Otherwise looks spot on everything is very neat just needs a few finishing touches to take it to that next level and blow away the Danes :)

Oh and hate say it but i came to this conclusion to have that really crisp expensive look you have to go chrome!

Hodge looking awesome.

Only thing i dont like is your cam gears. you could either change them out for Greddy ones see my garage, or chrome the underdrives and get some bling Titan jobbies.

Take a look at Jamie P top rad hose, much nicer.

Reroute the breather pipe straight and down the transmission tunnel..

Otherwise looks spot on everything is very neat just needs a few finishing touches to take it to that next level and blow away the Danes :)

Oh and hate say it but i came to this conclusion to have that really crisp expensive look you have to go chrome!

I'm not a fan of the top rad pipes with the aeroquip Wayne it's just not my thing. Your right on the chrome though. I'd have chromed everything if I could find someone that could chrome aluminuim to a high standard.

There's a couple of jobs on the cards gotcthe winter so you never know.

Oh and welcome back by the way. Last post I read of yours you werny coming back on here. Couldn't keep yourself away eh lol.

I've seen you fishing for recognition as the all mighty cleanest bay, on several occations now hogde, and you always compare your Supra to KDW, why so touchy when given feedback on the matter then?

I don't know where you got the idea that the o2 gets the best reading in the midpipe.. The location of KDW's sensor is exactly where FJO recommends it, and why do you think Full-Race puts the bung there on their DP/MP combo? Go figure..

Regarding the EGT, again you don't make much sense. The best solution is to monitor EACH cylinder with 6 individual sensors, but putting a single EGT sensor in runner #6 is opening up the door for a whole lot of troubles. Placing it within a ft after the turbo is a much better option. Especially with a large frame turbo like his, that won't act nearly as much of a heat buffer as a smaller framed turbo.

Thanks for the feedback, you made me check who you are. Bye.

Back on topic then I guess now the funs over.

So shopping list for the winter is:-

Some greddy cam pulleys (to match my aux pulleys).

New Greddy timing belt (as mine looks tired).

Virtual works upper water elbow,

PHR polished top water pipe,

New Exhaust cam cover (want to move the breather fitting further back to clear the turbo.

Look into removing clutch and brake cylinders for remote units. I'd love to delete those this would just make the bay in my eyes perfect.

When I set out from the start I wanted to create something where as I had an engine, turbo, plenum/TB and radiator with nothing else on show.

Edited by hodge (see edit history)

Keep doing your own thing Hodge, its working for you. Last thing you want to do is conform to the norm. To put it in perspective, when i'm offshore i'm always showing guys i'm working with exactly 2 builds on this forum. Yours and Inferno's. There's a reason for that.

Ps i still want your babies, but in a strictly heterosexual way lmao.

Keep doing your own thing Hodge

They are the exact words you need to listen to mate, your car is 1 of a kind in almost every aspect and IMO is the best bay out there, i have shown pics of your bay to countless people who are all amazed at what you have done and where you have put things (and these are real car geeks, the kind that make me want to top myself when speaking to them).

By the sounds of things you have a lot more up your sleeve which will just make it better i for one can't wait to see finished pics of the car.

Just keep doing what it is you do best mate :)

Edited by Neil-NA
my fat sausage fingers caused me to press too many keys (see edit history)

Back on topic then I guess now the funs over.

So shopping list for the winter is:-

Some greddy cam pulleys (to match my aux pulleys).

New Greddy timing belt (as mine looks tired).

Virtual works upper water elbow,

PHR polished top water pipe,

New Exhaust cam cover (want to move the breather fitting further back to clear the turbo.

Look into removing clutch and brake cylinders for remote units. I'd love to delete those this would just make the bay in my eyes perfect.

When I set out from the start I wanted to create something where as I had an engine, turbo, plenum/TB and radiator with nothing else on show.

Just to give you a heads-up, a friend back home ordered the Virtual Works upper water elbow and complained about this: