The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Painting the supra, Dixon's supra Project

safcdixon

After finishing the paintwork (well most of it :) ) I set about improving the performance by replacing the old goosed 18yr old intercooler with a fmic and hard pipe kit which i won on a ebay auction for an unbelivable price of £83 bnib :Dimageimage i had to fabricate some mounts for the intercooler, but the pipes themselves were a great fit.imageimage I also removed this stupid bung out of the exaust,the turbos feel much more responsive nowimage

Edited by safcdixon (see edit history)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I then fitted a active front spoiler lip to make the front look lower and less boring, which was a hell of a lot harder than i expected, i ended up searching for jevensio's thread from when he fitted his which was a big help, pics arnt great but il upload some better ones later,imageimageimage

It still looks dull in that last pic bud. Not trying to knock your work just pointing it out. If you ever go to a meet and see a white sup next to yours it will stand out a mile.

oh yeah i know its dull, for definate if i was too park near hodges car for example my car would nearly look grey :D i dont see it as you knocking the work scott, everyones allowed an opinion, its better than green though isnt it?

oh yeah i know its dull, for definate if i was too park near hodges car for example my car would nearly look grey :D i dont see it as you knocking the work scott, everyones allowed an opinion, its better than green though isnt it?

Oh yeah :D

If it's an option for you clear coating would bring it right out ;)

If you want some help working on your car Mate I dont live far away I would be happy to volunteer. I also undertook the paint your own car scheme Il post up the resulting pictures

Nice one, Im thinking bout what scott said just now, About whackin some clearcoat on too give it some shine.

The silver was before And the orange after respray this process took me around 1 month but I stripped the car all windows out etc fitted new seals splitter etc etc it was a slow process But I had good advice from a professional all rubbing back was by hand etc but anyway the results....

There were a few overspray spots mainly as a result of my engine bay masking giving up but overall a good result for a small outlay

DSC00313.jpg

GetAttachment1.jpg

The silver was before And the orange after respray this process took me around 1 month but I stripped the car all windows out etc fitted new seals splitter etc etc it was a slow process But I had good advice from a professional all rubbing back was by hand etc but anyway the results....

There were a few overspray spots mainly as a result of my engine bay masking giving up but overall a good result for a small outlay

It looks a hell of a lot better than the silver, it looks a very nice job, It defintley has good shine, btw is this the same car ross has now?

Well when I got the car in 2008 the silver was very shabby dents galore cracked spats skirts and splitter.

Yeah I think so I sold it on to a friend and he fiddled with the car for a while before it got wrote off his intensions were to NA/TT the car hence why the overspray was not really a problem

I then fitted a active front spoiler lip to make the front look lower and less boring, which was a hell of a lot harder than i expected, i ended up searching for jevensio's thread from when he fitted his which was a big help

Can someone give me the link to jevansios thread or tell me what to search as I can't find it for some reason!?

yeah i used the same type of thing, the thing is once you drill the holes you need in the front of the blade theres no going back you have too drill the front otherwise the spoiler goes vertical and sits wrong, its easier to do with bumper removed from the car, i measured down in the middle of the blade (cant remember how much), drilled the 3 holes in the middle/front of the blade and bolted it to the small lip that runs along the bottom of the stock bumper, i then worked my way side to side, along the spoiler drilling and bolting as i went making sure the blade was equal as it ran across the length of the bumper. , its easy enough to do but dont drill holes in the spoiler till you certain its the right place, i can take some more pics whe n i get in from work tomorow if you like? because im pretty cack at explaining stuff like this :)

How to thread would be ideal!lol!;)

Pics would be good mate, just don't want to mess it up as these lips are becoming hard to get hold of!

Il see what i can do i might remove it altogether and take step by step pics to help show how to do it from scratch but this would be at the weekend cos the supra currently lives at my dads house.