The mkiv Supra Owners Club

paint job almost done

sim1987

What what? are there rules for the 'car scene'?? ill tell you, there isnt any. Its all about an individuals car, that shows their personality, presents their ideas and holds alot of thought. If someone dosent like anothers idea its all down to personal taste. You cant really say it would be apprichiated 10 years ago, becuase these cars have been around for 18...hope that makes sence:)

Makes no sense mate. Sounds like something someone who painted their car with hammerite would say to be honest.

He didn't mention "rules" he said it isn't what the car scene is into. Trends come and go, think of fashion. Years ago it was flip paint & veilside corsas. Nowadays it's Euro, sleeper etc.

People can do what they want with their cars IMO, it makes no odds to me as it isn't me being seen in it and judged, and you can rest assured that is exactly what people do when they see a car that stands out.... in a positive or negative way. If you want to make a good impression, then go with the trends, if you don't care then do as you wish. Whatever you do don't walk around with blinkers on, do something to your car that is way out there or miles behind the times and expect to get positive feedback. It just doesn't happen.

I'm one of the people that doesn't give a damn, but still judges regardless :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes no sense mate. Sounds like something someone who painted their car with hammerite would say to be honest.

He didn't mention "rules" he said it isn't what the car scene is into. Trends come and go, think of fashion. Years ago it was flip paint & veilside corsas. Nowadays it's Euro, sleeper etc.

exactly i bet when my car was painted 8 years ago it was the nuts but now it looks dated and too in your face, but as poeple have said its your car too your taste, these cars are about enjoyment! enjoy it

What what? are there rules for the 'car scene'?? ill tell you, there isnt any. Its all about an individuals car, that shows their personality, presents their ideas and holds alot of thought. If someone dosent like anothers idea its all down to personal taste. You cant really say it would be apprichiated 10 years ago, becuase these cars have been around for 18...hope that makes sence:)

What a load of rubbish, that would mean your personality would be rattle can dull.......oh.......good point

People can do what they want with their cars IMO, it makes no odds to me as it isn't me being seen in it and judged, and you can rest assured that is exactly what people do when they see a car that stands out.... in a positive or negative way. If you want to make a good impression, then go with the trends, if you don't care then do as you wish. Whatever you do don't walk around with blinkers on, do something to your car that is way out there or miles behind the times and expect to get positive feedback. It just doesn't happen.

I'm one of the people that doesn't give a damn, but still judges regardless :D

Trends come and go, and usually people follow them to keep up and look cool becuase they want to be noticed, unlike some of us who know what style we want/desire from a car becuase it looks cool to us and were not out to get comments and impress, building a car to impress others imo is the lowest thing someone can do to/for themselves...its just sad. I tend to follow my own style and trend, not the trends that are considered cool and up to date.

Trends come and go, and usually people follow them to keep up and look cool becuase they want to be noticed, unlike some of us who know what style we want/desire from a car becuase it looks cool to us and were not out to get comments and impress, building a car to impress others imo is the lowest thing someone can do to/for themselves...its just sad. I tend to follow my own style and trend, not the trends that are considered cool and up to date.

what are you talking about? I've yet to see anyone on this site or others who mod their car for anyone else. Have you ever stop to think that maybe people actually like a new style, so mod there cars with a style as a base for themselves? but the point of my comment-

i guess you will have to expect negative comments, it's very marmite as i'm sure you are aware. It's good you've tried something different but i can't help feel this would have been a lot more appreciated 10 years ago, imo it's just not what the 'car scene' is into. it looks well done though.

was to show the op not to get disheartened from negative comments as he must realise that lairy paintwork and bodykits were something people liked 10 years ago and the current view is subtle with choice mods are what people tend to like in the 'car scene'. why do you think so many people don't like yours? but he clearly still likes this style, so whats the problem?

to summarise, I didn't just say his car looks crap, nor did i say it was stupid or anything else that isn't constructive, instead i stated a reason as to why he may not get a lot of positive comments that may seem more understandable.

it's like you all say i had a look around and wanted something completly diffarent to anything else i have seen got the idea partly from sumopower's nissan GTR. as for the price it cost me 2k to get the bodykit fitted ,passangers door changed was dented,and the re-spray,i thought it was a good price was quoted 4k from another guy.to be quite honest the photos dont realy do it much justice looks alot nicer in the flesh so to speek.

Edited by sim1987 (see edit history)

fair play for trying something different, i think it looks alright mate.

Your always get a small ammount of people who dont like it but at the end of the day who cares.

exactly i will post some better ones once it is out the garage with the metal flake in the burgendy it looks like the paint is moving.coolio[COOL][/COOL]

it's like you all say i had a look around and wanted something completly diffarent to anything else i have seen got the idea partly from sumopower's nissan GTR. as for the price it cost me 2k to get the bodykit fitted ,passangers door changed was dented,and the re-spray,i thought it was a good price was quoted 4k from another guy.to be quite honest the photos dont realy do it much justice looks alot nicer in the flesh so to speek.

2k= good price mate :)