The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japefest Police on M4

Tyson

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there was one copper holding the gun and another in the car .... :search:

They both have to witness the gun.

They can lie though ;)

To be honest I've never known them to do it that way. That would cover them for the 2 forms of evidence though. It would use up too many resources, and also require that both officers be in court etc. I'm guessing that is why they don't do it that way.

as of the start of this month, discourtious driving, which includes undertaking, driving too slowly, blocking junctions and hatched boxes etc...

That's not definitely going to happen, and won't be until 2012 at the earliest. They won't be able to enforce it anyway as there aren't enough coppers on the roads.

I know there was one copper holding the gun and another in the car .... :search:

They both have to witness the gun.

They can lie though ;)

To be honest I've never known them to do it that way. That would cover them for the 2 forms of evidence though. It would use up too many resources, and also require that both officers be in court etc. I'm guessing that is why they don't do it that way.

As Scott mentioned you should be fine Jamesy. :)

If you got caught by a police van on the side of the road (or even unmarked police van), the you would get the NIP in the post.

I have been pulled by the police before with the laser guns & they need to pull you over. I questioned why they pulled me when I was traveling the same speed as all the other traffic. In the end I found out the speed guns are not very effective and can sometimes beam back off other cars. I wouldn't worry unless they pulled you over.

Maybe the Police were fans of Jap cars, filming all the convoys driving past and it wasn't a speed trap gun after all?

Ha ha! Unlikely. Most bods in the police seem to fall firmly in the category of "Penisaurus Rex," so the chances, I fear, are slim...

I went past the camera van in the village, there was a decent guy coming the other way who flashed me to warn me, I knew where he would be when I came round the corner so went down to about 18mph as I approached, then gave it what I like to call "a little squirt" as I went past.

• 4 weeks later...