The mkiv Supra Owners Club

941rwhp @ 30psi with Bullseye Power Billet S374 BatMoWheel

Brazil

Says who? Has it ever been proved? I think Darett's car would be a good candidate as his car was built and dynoed in the US. Me for one don't think there is that much of a difference unless they put the dyno in shoot out mode, great looking car KirkMKIV.

us hp is far from uk hp, still impressive though

Horsepower is horsepower, it's an International standard. What you possibly mean is that the Yanks tell bigger lies than us? :) That sort of power, even if you choose to remotely believe the figures, would not be sustainable for more than a few seconds at a time. The heat rejection of an engine producing those sorts of figures is immense, and it would need radical mods to make it reliable in the true sense of the word. Bugattis main issue with the Veyron was handling the thermal loadings, it has coolers all over the place.

I just had the S362 delivered and I wondered what the 'batmowheel' thing was all about until I pulled it out of the box!

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt121/mrg33kman/Fitting%20Single%20Nov%202010/SDC10440sm.jpg

So by what they are saying, although mine has a 62mm compressor wheel it should move a similar amount of air to a larger turbo such as a 65-66mm in my case? Hopefully by Wednesday I'll know :)

Have you sussed the v clamp fitment yet?

Horsepower is horsepower, it's an International standard. What you possibly mean is that the Yanks tell bigger lies than us? :) That sort of power, even if you choose to remotely believe the figures, would not be sustainable for more than a few seconds at a time. The heat rejection of an engine producing those sorts of figures is immense, and it would need radical mods to make it reliable in the true sense of the word. Bugattis main issue with the Veyron was handling the thermal loadings, it has coolers all over the place.

But there are different Standards of Horsepower. Especially when measuring them. DIN, SAE, ECE, ISO and so on. Don't they differ?

The USA numbers dont add up no matter what way you look at them, 1000cc injectors wont do anywhere near that rwhp on our dynos, i read a fair bit on supraforums and i read of 700cc injectors being good for 700RWHP at 90% duty, we need 1000cc injectors to make 700RWHP on our dynos at similar duty.

I also read of stock TT's making 300-320rwhp on OEM boost, stock TT here will be closer to 200-220 rwhp.

In the USA it make no odds as they are comparing cars from similar dynos, you cant compare to numbers we make on our dyno's though imo.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

The USA numbers dont add up no matter what way you look at them, 1000cc injectors wont do anywhere near that rwhp on our dynos, i read a fair bit on supraforums and i read of 700cc injectors being good for 700RWHP at 90% duty, we need 1000cc injectors to make 700RWHP on our dynos at similar duty.

I also read of stock TT's making 300-320rwhp on OEM boost, stock TT here will be closer to 200-220 rwhp.

In the USA it make no odds as they are comparing cars from similar dynos, you cant compare to numbers we make on our dyno's though imo.

We tend to find the same with the MR2's.

They've had cars making 750+rwhp + nitrous on dynojets and running 140-145mph terminals, yet ive run 142mph on R888's with 590rwhp :D

The numbers never seem to add up. But numbers can be fudged on all dynos, even the mighty dynojet! :) But at the end of the day they're just numbers :D

Regardless what the numbers are though, a stock bottom end holding 30psi with a S374 turbo isn't bad going.

A good way to see would be to have a dyno day here,

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/page.php?jssCart=7d5c6d22587fabecfc89dcc33791c2de&xPage=rollingroad.html

It would be interesting to see how the numbers really do compare.

Guest JDM_DK

And yet they run way faster times in the quartermile, even at lower power levels :)

If the US have elevated dyno figures compared to us, what do they consider to be the "average" bpu power, given the standard for us is 400 with stock ECU.

Is it? I think 400 flywheel bhp is on the higher end of the scale for BPU. I'd be surprised if I saw lots of 400 bhp stock ECU Supra's with realistic drivetrain losses.

Edited by TTRickeh (see edit history)

Is it? I think 400 flywheel bhp is on the higher end of the scale for BPU. I'd be surprised if I saw several 400 bhp stock ECU Supra's with realistic drivetrain losses.

I think 400 is about right to be honest, mines doing 387bhp at 1.0bar(done on AFR's and RS Tunings dyno so can be taken as fairly accurate) and I'm hoping for 400+ once the boost controller is on and boosting at 1.2.

I think 400 is about right to be honest, mines doing 387bhp at 1.0bar(done on AFR's and RS Tunings dyno so can be taken as fairly accurate) and I'm hoping for 400+ once the boost controller is on and boosting at 1.2.

Fair play, always thought 400 was on the higher end

When mine was BPU it did 432bhp at 1.2bar with f-con S. The car is Jspec so it could do more with euro turbos i assume. I dont know how the dyno numbers here in Finland compares to the UK ones thou. It was on dyno dynamics bytheway!

Guest KirkMKIV
But Captain Kirk the engine cannae tek it! Just a little more Scotty.Aye alright Cap'n,but dinnae blame me if she blows! Its power Jim,but not as we know it. Nice one Tiberius.

LOL! Thanks for the laugh