The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Big Single Black 6 Spd Facelift

jevansio

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little storey i got told last year, photographer who did my car for banzai had one, he said it was total nightmare for him, 60,000 miles and it had load problems, new gearbox, then shortly after engine rear main seal failure, brake callipers seized and had to buy new ones, then the engine started rattling from cold, cam chain tensioner problem, had to have the engine pulled.

I knew about the boxes, I think the brakes is prolly a one off as they're just brakes (prolly brembo or something). I think getting an extended warranty is a must with any of the cars I'm looking at.

Just read the advert on the RS6, new tensioners belts etc etc at 22k ? is that how long they last ?

No idea bud, I know nothing about them, I was going to ask the dealer about that, or I will prolly sign up on RS246 and see what they say. There is a buyers guide on there and although it says they're not cheap to run nothing is when you get to cars of that spec

My trouble is that you think the RS6 is bad, but you look at the big Mercs and when they go wrong it's eye watering in comparison

Good luck with the sale Jay, i hope you get another nice motor and i'll see you at the next tunnel run hopefully;)

Loldefo bud

I think you will end up owning a JAG XKR ...or even M5...ask john for a test drive , you will be hooked.

When you and john pulled away the other day the M5 sounded amazing, I had ruled out M5's but after that they are high on the list

Hi Jay, don't come on here anymore as I keep my car locked away in bits at the moment. There is no doubt the guy will buy when he sees and drives the car. It's certainly one of the best!

Hope you will still come to meets so we can get pissed again.

John Paul gautier has broken the photocopier :)

Pig

Hi Jay, don't come on here anymore as I keep my car locked away in bits at the moment. There is no doubt the guy will buy when he sees and drives the car. It's certainly one of the best!

Pig

Dude, I think I might enjoy SP even more travellling down in luxury then knowing that I'm gonna have a day enjoying the racing, not worrying about breaking anything then getting wasted lol

Pig

Soooooooo funny at Santa Pod last year :D :D

Looking forward to this year again

Cheers

-Ian-

I'm sure if the hodgemiester and the lads are heading to any events I'll tag along bud

You could get a newer s6 for similar money :cool: probably not quite as quick, but a much nicer interior, and that Lamborghini/Audi v10 :cool:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2621662.htm

I think my ideal would actually be the new RS6, bit pricey at the mo, would need to save up some

There is a CL600 V12 Turbo which has JUST come up for sale in my next village, must be the closest one for 200 mile to me, miles is high and I doubt I would buy it, but I might go have a chat to see if these "keyless go", "soft close doors" and "massage cooled seats" are really as cool as I have in my head, if not it really opnes up a whole heap of cars, if ther are cool then I think it's got to be CL600/CL55/S600/S55/SL600/SL55.

Jerry set off at 4am this morn so with a bit of luck we could be deal done by lunchtime, my first step before buying a car is to get a mountain bike, I'm gonna start cyling to work during the summer to get fit and lose some more weight, lots of my mates are into mountain biking and I think it may be a good hobby to get stuck into to fill the void of fiddling with the Supra I think I will be left with

Well sadly Jerry didn't buy her, he was a bit unnerved by the noise a getrag with lightweight flywheel & solid tranny mounts made. I think he was more than bowled over by the speed, which ultimately was the downfall of the sale, the idea of buying a 700hp Supra and the reality of driving & living with one are two seperate things. He's gone back to re-evalute what he wants and is prolly looking at a 500hp car.

Well sadly Jerry didn't buy her, he was a bit unnerved by the noise a getrag with lightweight flywheel & solid tranny mounts made. I think he was more than bowled over by the speed, which ultimately was the downfall of the sale, the idea of buying a 700hp Supra and the reality of driving & living with one are two seperate things. He's gone back to re-evalute what he wants and is prolly looking at a 500hp car.

sorry to hear that bud, was hoping it came home. It will go soon enough though, its a top spec Supra, at a bargin of a price. :D

Shame, you not got a boost controller mate? maybe he would have liked better at 1.0bar.

nope. I run one boost setting and use my foot to regulate power. Typical ain't it I thought it would be in the bag after a drive. Never thought that too much power could ever be possible

i think your car is more track spec ??

as for example andys car is very easy and nice to drive for street or for blasting about in and that has big power.

i think your car is more track spec ??

as for example andys car is very easy and nice to drive for street or for blasting about in and that has big power.

It's not really track spec, sure it has no heating but it is effectively just a good spec single, only the front seats are changed, I think Jerry has realised that to get a Supra to 700hp it is going to have one hell of a kick, that in effect means you can't go round country lanes flat out, and that the car is unusable to any real extent in anything but dry conditions.

Pretty sure my car will be as easy to drive around town as Andys, that wasn't the problem, the problem is when the 700 comes on it is one massive kick. Jerry wanted more like the power delivery of his 350Z but with a bit more kick, a couple steps up if you will, not another couple of floors

AARRRGH !!:shock:

It's gone up £2000 in a week :search:

That means...By the end of may it could be...:think: £27,500 :blink:

:jester:

Nah, absolutely nothing against Jerry at all, he was genuine, and was very mature and chose to not buy the car for valid reasons,

But I don't want to get a string of people coming along not realising what a 700hp car is then realising that it's not for them, IMHO at 17k it's putting the price up to the point where you realise exactly what you're getting into. I had a horrible feeling that I would get a load of you lads with £13k in their pocket thinking "wow I can get a 700hp car for another couple of grand"

" I had a horrible feeling that I would get a load of you lads with £13k in their pocket thinking "wow I can get a 700hp car for another couple of grand"

:bang:

You have a very valid point!!

Considering ALL that has gone into this...the price SHOULD be higher :yes:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.