The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suffolk owners beware

supra steveo

Did he check under the car? Have you gone de-cat otherwise he cud of given a ticket for that. Im not saying he sud of in the first place for a loud exhaust but he could have PG9'd ur car meaning you would then have to have it re-tested meaning higher cost + ticket.

As for him speeding to catch you up providing the Police vehicle is being used for Police purposes then were exempt from the speed limit. I think there are a few jobs worths out there that dont really appreciate a car for what it sud be.

your telling me i bumped into him later that day after carolines RTA and they all had a little giggle about me saying i didnt think the car was that loud and that i had heard louder ................... so i gave it big licks away from them all standing around sweeping up glass :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

£50 should do.

I don't know how much of a ball-ache they are to fit - it goes on the middle flange and would need the cable routing up into the car.

just thought mate what size is the valve and can you PM me a picture please

does any one know if i am right by saying that this goes inbetween the back of my 2nd cat and the start of my HKS mid-pipe ?

Edited by supra steveo (see edit history)

Looks like the RS-R will be going up for sale then. It's ok with the baffle in but I am worried about the EGTs when I give it some welly?

H.

RSR with the baffle in is fine at BPU mate, I did a few track days (inc the engine-punishing Bedford GT curcuit) on my old TT car and there was never a problem. It's not ideal, but provided there's no pre-exisiting mechanical issues it won't present a problem. For road use, definetely not a concern

Generic internet picture until I can get home on Friday.

I was going to fit it on the flange between the mid-pipe and the cat-back and route the cable through the tranny tunnel.

But thinking about it, it would probably be better to fit it after the first cat and route the cable through the firewall presuming it's long enough.

TBH, I didn't get very far into looking at it as my old exhaust collapsed before I got chance to fit the ECV.