The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra n/a v skyline gts

wewsupra

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every auto ive drove has been slower than the manual even on spec sheets autos are generally slower maybe not new autos but were on about older cars here im sure even on paper toyota will spec the auto slower but i will happily be told otherwise with proof not just saying there faster

I think you would probably notice it more in the N/A due to the lesser power. The long gearing will mean that acceleration will take a bit of a hit. Once you get into TT BPU this would probably aid traction levels though.

One of our Foreign members managed similar 1/4 mile times to TDR, both with BPU TT Supras. Pred rings a bell? It was a 6 speed anyway, and we know that Brians was an Auto with high stall (you won't beat a manual without one if the driver is any good)

A little bit of swings and roundabouts really, there won't be a lot in a Supra with a stock auto vs stock 6spd box. There will probably be a huge gulf in the times due to the driver though ;)

I've owned both, an n-a 5 speed and a gtst, I'd have to say the skyline was a crap drive compared to the supra, hence me coming back to supras again. Power delivery was imence on the skyline, but then again it was an ex drift car and was far from stock. If I were you, I'd just be gratefull ur driving a better car, and not something that falls apart due to rust everytime it rains lol.

By the way, It was my N/A. lol

I was just fed up of him bragging, so i thought i would have a go... to be honest i didnt think i would have a chance being turbo but luck had it i took him twice.

First time skyline had a better pull off and i still took him. Second time i had the better pull and still took him.

looking at the stats - i can't beleive that there not more between the cars which has shocked me.

Steady on girls. This is turning into a cock measuring competition

Mines the biggest anyway, shall we close the thread now :D

Without stating the obvious, just look at the SantaPod runs, plenty of auto's in the top list with the same spec as a manual.

Mines the biggest anyway, shall we close the thread now :D

Without stating the obvious, just look at the SantaPod runs, plenty of auto's in the top list with the same spec as a manual.

The obvious argument is already covered Abz, mechanical sympathy, more consitstant off the line and, most important, easier.