The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra n/a v skyline gts

wewsupra

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will agree that for the average Joe an auto is better off the line, after the torque converter has locked up. If you stall the torque converter by holding power and brakes it aint going too last long though.

Its horses for courses. A skilled driver will generally be quicker in a manual car due to the additional control. Thinking motorsports, its manuals all the way. Even the the systems used in F1 cars are not traditional autos, the are effectively robotised manual gearboxes. Most are now using DSG style gearboxes. Not a torque converter in sight.

Well thats my 2p worth.

Not into a waggling competition as its too small!!!!!!! Lol

I do sometimes wish i bought an auto, normally aftert sitting in traffic for 3 hours, the left leg does get a wee bit tierd, but after driving like a tool down some country lanes near me there is no way i would give up having a manual car now.

I seriously thought in this thread the NA would get slated more than it did, you TT boys are going all soft on us :p

You can put a servo on the clutch if you want. I did this for someone with a gammy leg who had a Renault 5 Turbo 2 (mid engined one) as the clutches on those are pretty heavy. If there's room on the bulkhead you might even squeeze a concentric servo / master cylinder in form a GTR Skyline, I have never really weighed it up.