The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Super Widebody Aero VVTi Turbo 6sp project

Ibrar Jabbar

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dry flat (p320 on a block)the primer and cook it again,leave it a few days or more re guide coat,then either p500 da or wet flat p800 as long as enough primer went on to do so.

forget baking it,i wasn't thinking about the fiberglass,just let it stand for a few weeks if possible once dry flatted. The solvent will come out once the skin is broken and go proper hard

My mate Taj will be doing the prep and knows his stuff, he has already suggested the above.

We have already baked the kit on and off the car just to eliminate any warpage, air pockets, etc.

just wet flat the primer and leave for a few days/week, to ensure the primer is fully cured and the solvent is released plus moisture.

not sure what colour of ferrari red your using but i do know some need a recommended base coat eg- white... but it might not, so just hit it with the colour for a good 2-3 coats then 1 really good coat and then repeat the process when on the clear coat.

a decent last coat on the clear will ensure you have a good flat and polish coat, every painter is different and know how many layer to apply to suite there style and work

Will be doing the above as the shell will be preped this weekend and then painted in 2K next week, We will then flat and re-coat in basecoat clear.

My choice to do it in 2K is so provides a good base colour for the final paint also any little imperfections can be ironed out and will be harder for any stone chips to break through.