The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyres! =]

welshbuddy

You should be getting an easy 10k+ miles out of a set on a TT, let alone an NA. If it's less you're either driving the hell out of it or need the geo checking out.

I got over 20k out of a set of F1's on a BPU TT, even with a couple of track days thrown in. After going single, it ate a set of rears tyre's in 4k miles, but that's not much of a surprise! The suspension was setup correctly though.

You should be getting an easy 10k+ miles out of a set on a TT, let alone an NA. If it's less you're either driving the hell out of it or need the geo checking out.

I got over 20k out of a set of F1's on a BPU TT, even with a couple of track days thrown in. After going single, it ate a set of rears tyre's in 4k miles, but that's not much of a surprise! The suspension was setup correctly though.

That's good news! I've got Goodyear Eagle F1's on mine so hopefully they'll last a long time :)

Hey guys only bought my Supra N/a 1994 yesterday :), but im just trying to work out how much tyres are, so i got a rough idea when the time comes to fit the tyres.

size of tyres , 265-35-18...

cheeers, daz

Do you have the same size tyres on all four corners?

That's good news! I've got Goodyear Eagle F1's on mine so hopefully they'll last a long time :)

my F1's didnt last at all - I think its my heavy foot, which is fine with me (cos atleast I know theres nothing wrong with the Geo) as soon as someone who knows Geo setups tells me that my figures are fine then I'll know! fingers crossed my new F1's last a bit longer now i'm driving like a fud.

No 1500, They are wearing really low on the inside edge.

I'm guessing the geo is way out. First job when I take it out the garage this year

My guess is it's lowered without the geo being properly corrected? The cars do not like running low and the suspension kinematics will still wear tyres unnaturally quickly when low, even with the geo corrected. Correction will help though.

My guess is it's lowered without the geo being properly corrected? The cars do not like running low and the suspension kinematics will still wear tyres unnaturally quickly when low, even with the geo corrected. Correction will help though.

It is lower than standard, It came from Japan like that, I think it has just had the springs chopped tbh. I will take it into Wheels in motion for a geo setup and see what difference that makes.

I'm going to be upgrading the suspension and brakes when it comes of the road again at the end of august, ready for next years TT conversion. I will be in contact around then to see what you think is the best setup, and get them ordered.