Le mans 2011

Ian Ian

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any approx cost for the trip inc petrol etc.

Approx costs

£70 return on dover -dunkirk ferry

£60-70 circuit pass for the whole time we are there

£180-220 petrol approx

£65 Ibis hotel on the way back

then just food n beer whilst we are there

Cheers

-Ian-

What are the dates on this , Its a great weekend I remember going about 20 years back , but on a back of a bike a bit mad to say the least , mybe up for this.

The race is 11-12th June

I think the idea is we are going to get down there Wednesday and catch some of the practicing this year

Cheers

-Ian-

I am trying my best to drop out of this but I think Mrs H really wants to go..!!

Come on Victor Meldrew :) You know you want to go really....

Ian, I was hoping to sort somethings out with you on Wednesday night at the February meet :) Then we can start getting the wheels in motion.

You are coming aren't you......;)

Come on Victor Meldrew :) You know you want to go really....

Ian, I was hoping to sort somethings out with you on Wednesday night at the February meet :) Then we can start getting the wheels in motion.

You are coming aren't you......;)

yeah i,ll be there Ste im at work but should be there around 7:30 ish :D

Cheers

-Ian-

So general consensus is that we drive down and stay over near Dover on the Tuesday night and get the morning ferry so we can be in Le Mans for early afternoon on the Wednesday. Is this ok for everyone so we can book accommodation and ferry tickets?

Getting giddy now :D

So general consensus is that we drive down and stay over near Dover on the Tuesday night and get the morning ferry so we can be in Le Mans for early afternoon on the Wednesday. Is this ok for everyone so we can book accommodation and ferry tickets?

Getting giddy now :D

Yes sounds good to me Vicki would be good to get down there Wednesday and see some of the practice too ....lol you giddy kipper you :D

Cheers

-Ian-

I thought we were going to go with the travel down to Dover on the Wednesday night and stay over for a early ferry on the thursday. Then get down to Le Mans for afternoon practice??

The thinking behind it Mike is to get a good spot on wednesday afternoon ? just thought we was lucky last year to get a spot, unless people cant get the time off work on the Wednesday or late Tuesday kinda thing

Cheers

-Ian-

Edited by Ian Ian
added info (see edit history)

The thinking behind it Mike is to get a good spot on wednesday afternoon ? just thought we was lucky last year to get a spot, unless people cant get the time off work on the Wednesday or late Tuesday kinda thing

Cheers

-Ian-

Oh yeah I realised that fella but why so early. it was only a problem last year as we were so late getting there on the Thursday. If we got a 7 AM ferry on the thursday we would be down in le mans for a little after lunch.

I cant really afford any more days off work and Amanda only has these days as a special circumstance and they are not allowed holidays in June at all.

Would be a shame to have to convoy down there on our own but understand if you guys want to go earlier. Will just have to ensure the refurn ferry is at the same time :)

Ok shall we say its Wednesday down to Ashford/Dover area overnight and the 7-8am ferry from Dover that will get us down to Lemans late afternoon/early evening thursday :)

Cheers

-Ian-

I'll go for this two, sound like we've got a plan.

Ian, have you got any Ferry time and prices for the early morning crossings?

Ste

Just been on P&O ferry's and there is a Ferry on Thursday 9Th June at 8.10am for £39 and £35 for the the return at 11.20am on Monday which is £74 all in.

Or there is an earlier one at 7.20am which is £60, so this with the same return will come in at £95.

I think the 8.10am crossing but I'll go with what every one else thinks.

Ste.