Le mans 2011

Ian Ian

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At this point Tom we have decided not to go next year. The size and needs of the group, difficulty getting decent camping and the increased cost have put this way down my list of priorities for next year. The Dragonball and JAE will be the biggies for me next year.

H.

I can't believe your not going to Le Mans Paul, I thought you always went? Dragonball is going to cost a lot in fuel this time though by the looks of it, so probably best to save your money for that anyway ;)

Just seen I never put up pics of Chateaux KamaSupra, I'll have to post some pics up of the villa I've stayed at the last 2 years in Le Mans.

I can't believe your not going to Le Mans Paul, I thought you always went? Dragonball is going to cost a lot in fuel this time though by the looks of it, so probably best to save your money for that anyway ;)

Just seen I never put up pics of Chateaux KamaSupra, I'll have to post some pics up of the villa I've stayed at the last 2 years in Le Mans.

I must admit Dave over recent years I have enjoyed it less. I used to go with my Dad and a few mates (4 in one car) and the trip was great. It has become more of a family trip over the years but I don't feel it's really the place for a family holiday. I tend to to worry about the kids when we go and the group has steadily got larger over the years and it has become more difficult to keep people happy. Our illegal camp site has now almost been removed too and our options of where to stay are a bit limited as I don't want to go on the sites with all the knob heads.

I suppose I am trying to re-live the times I used to go as a young man and had no one else to consider but myself and a bunch of drunken blokes. It used to be a £200 weekend and now I can see me getting through nearly a grand for a four day trip.

The enjoyment of the Dragonball last year has also made me think about what a trip should be like.

H.

• 2 weeks later...
I must admit Dave over recent years I have enjoyed it less. I used to go with my Dad and a few mates (4 in one car) and the trip was great. It has become more of a family trip over the years but I don't feel it's really the place for a family holiday. I tend to to worry about the kids when we go and the group has steadily got larger over the years and it has become more difficult to keep people happy. Our illegal camp site has now almost been removed too and our options of where to stay are a bit limited as I don't want to go on the sites with all the knob heads.

I suppose I am trying to re-live the times I used to go as a young man and had no one else to consider but myself and a bunch of drunken blokes. It used to be a £200 weekend and now I can see me getting through nearly a grand for a four day trip.

The enjoyment of the Dragonball last year has also made me think about what a trip should be like.

H.

I can understand how going to Le Mans can't be as much fun now that it has turned into a family trip for you, as it must be tough looking after your family rather than enjoying the race and doing your own thing and not worrying about them. I always go with my mates as a kind of drunken lads hoilday like you used to (But with a little bit of security work chucked in), because then that way I only have myself to really look after and not Clair (My girlfriend) too while I'm drunk. Le Mans is always something I did before I met Clair, so she isn't too bothered about not coming and understands it's my time with the boys. Going with family to Le Mans can be fun, but going to Le Mans in a group of lads is a different kind of fun :D

Shame you are going to be missing it, but with you going as a family and living further away from France than me. Your trips there are extremely more expensive than mine, for one thing I can get to Le Mans and back to near enough the ferry on the way home on one tank (Not in the Supra). Where as for you it must be a few tank fulls? Also because I'm paying for just myself it's cheap as chips, then buying stuff like food and drink for myself is a lot cheaper too.

Save your money and come on the Dragonball, as I think you'll enjoy that more :)

Here's a few pics of Chateaux KamaSupra, the pics of the villa are a little blurred as I had to enlarge them from my phone camera :( Not sure if you remember Shane and I telling you about the Aston we were cruising about Le Mans in, but here's a few pics of that too :)

IMG_0504 (2).jpg

IMG_0505 (2).jpg

Le Mana 2011 010.jpg

Le Mana 2011 012.jpg

Le Mana 2011 018.jpg

Edited by KamaSupra (see edit history)