The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jakes Sz supra build- The details count

ripped_fear

Got some new Mobil Super 3000 5w-40 oil into the old girl today and took her for a blast. Weather wasnt great but felt the need to go for a drive.

Took a cheeky picture while on my travels...

attachment.php?attachmentid=160776&stc=1&d=1353083851

Fingers crossed the weather is a bit better tomorrow and I can fit some more of the new bits.

Also knocked this together yesterday :)

DSCF2419.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a bit of free time today so, while I'm waiting for bits to arrive I thought I would open one of the box's of parts, and have and start on something new.

So having a crack at refurb-ing a set of facelift Headlights now. So split them and started cleaning them up.

Managed to get all the old sealer off of them, from where some eye brows had been fitted, and started rubbing them back with some medium grit wet and dry, obviously they looks like rubbish currently but hopefully they should shine up with some more work.

Not even sure if I will fit these to my car or not, may just clean them up and sell them on, but I will see what they look like at the end.

attachment.php?attachmentid=160959&stc=1&d=1353351523

attachment.php?attachmentid=160960&stc=1&d=1353351523

attachment.php?attachmentid=160961&stc=1&d=1353351523

attachment.php?attachmentid=160962&stc=1&d=1353351523

DSCF2449.jpg

DSCF2452.jpg

DSCF2456.jpg

DSCF2458.JPG

where did you get the rear boot lip spoiler looks well mate

I got mine from a member who bought it from keron's GB ages back.

However Contact Speedwells as they make copies now, not carbon thouguh

- - - Updated - - -

When is it diffuser time?

Dunno still waiting for it to be delivered from Paul, but was told november somwhen so must be soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so as my current situation is now changing with a move and job change on the cards the car is going to take a bit of a lower priority now meaning im not sure how often the updates will be coming.

But i have however received my diffuser now, so there will be a few updates soon. But just going to be installing the mods i have already bought not buying new ones lol.

attachment.php?attachmentid=161892&stc=1&d=1355418526

attachment.php?attachmentid=161893&stc=1&d=1355418526

attachment.php?attachmentid=161894&stc=1&d=1355418526

DSCF4139.jpg

DSCF4140.jpg

DSCF4141.jpg

Thats transformed the rear mate, bet your well happy you finally have the diffuser lol. Keep up the good work:thumbs:

Thanks dude im really pleased, the rear is near enough how I always wanted it, but now I think I need some facelift tail lights...

Get them brackets painted black man, you soooo cheated!!! I thought you were fitting it with the spats!! Comps off!!! :)

Yeah painted the front one but then the rain hit so just fitted the rear, need to remove and paint them at some point along with the nuts. haha no spats mate, may even get rid of the skirts yet. But for now im happy :)

Looks well cool mate seriously. Not the best time of year to be doing that, it pissed me off doing mine in the glorious sunshine mid summer so pat on the back from up north

Cheers dude it was a horrid job, and I will be honest the quality of the brakets/fittings is not great meaning mods where required. Was shocked at how poorly they are made TBH. Lot of **** where being said while trying to fit it :p

However don't regret one second or one penny, I'm still happy.

Cheers dude it was a horrid job, and I will be honest the quality of the brakets/fittings is not great meaning mods where required. Was shocked at how poorly they are made TBH. Lot of **** where being said while trying to fit it :p

However don't regret one second or one penny, I'm still happy.

Told ya hahah as you no I spent 2 days on mine changing bits and once done I was happy too, I won't jack the thread by putting pics of mine but yours looks a good fit to me... Nice an straight

Told ya hahah as you no I spent 2 days on mine changing bits and once done I was happy too, I won't jack the thread by putting pics of mine but yours looks a good fit to me... Nice an straight

Thanks for the compliment mate wanted to do it right. Happy with the way it sits, just painting the nuts/bolts and the rear bracket.

Your car just gets better and better.

I got a diffuser from the same group buy and by the looks of how much of a pain they are to fit I think I'll pay someone else to fit it otherwise with my temper I'll just end up binning the lot!

Big :thumbs: up to all the hard work you've put in. Puts my car too shame.

Looks loads better dude, removing the spats makes a hell of a difference! ive now got a bit of a hate for them since i removed mine, diffuser looks great too nice work :thumbs:

Thanks mate i think somehow it actually makes the rear more agressive as you can see the wheel width.

Good work Jake. Much better without the spats and diffuser looks good. The rear of the car looks really good with the boot lip, exhaust and plate surrounds and now the diffuser, all nice touches.

Thanks Adam, kind words :) But with all these touches this is what is making me think facelift tail lights are needed as they continue the contrast.

• 3 months later...

Ok so to get this thread back up to date-

I got a New Toyota badge since i broke the old one after the re paint.

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=167040&stc=1&d=1365356541

Since then i moved to a new place so work on the car went on hold but i have had some nice pictures taken and made a little film....

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=164753&stc=1&d=1361213573

DSCF4501.jpg