The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-T misfire or revving problem

FOSTA

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a misfire at anything over 0.8bar on my TT T67 conversion back in the day, and that was because I was running 5v ignition on an EMB instead of 12v. It was like a switch, perfect at 0.8bar, anything over it misfired badly. As soon as I set that jumper it worked fine above 0.8bar. I know the ignition setup is quite different for the NA, but it's an easy test and I can't see it damaging anything to try it.

Greddy themselves said 5v for the Supra, balls is it :D

I had a misfire at anything over 0.8bar on my TT T67 conversion back in the day, and that was because I was running 5v ignition on an EMB instead of 12v. It was like a switch, perfect at 0.8bar, anything over it misfired badly. As soon as I set that jumper it worked fine above 0.8bar. I know the ignition setup is quite different for the NA, but it's an easy test and I can't see it damaging anything to try it.

Greddy themselves said 5v for the Supra, balls is it :D

so do you think i should set the jumper to 12v then? cheers

you are EMU not EMB right? i would like to see you getting this running mate.... im in newcatle tues or poss wed. i will let you know and see if i can pop over...

what do you mean? i have the standard ecu in place and i piggybacked it with the greddy e-manage ultamate

rite here are my jumper settings :

jumper 1 open

jumper 2 open

jumper 3 open

jumper 4 open

jumper 5 open

jumper 6 open

jumper 7 1-2

jumper 8 1-2

jumper 9 open

jumper 10 1-2

jumper 11 open

jumper 12 open

jumper 13 open

jumper 14 open

jumper 15 1-2

jumper 16 open

jumper 17 1-2

jumper 18 open

jumper 19 1-2

jumper 20 1-2

jumper 21 1-2 this one isnt in the manual chart! so im not sure what its for but it was set to 1-2 from factory so ill leave it that way!

rite i was up early this morning going over every thing on the car:

.i checked the igniter, i sanded down the earthing bracket at the points it hits the body (ground). and went over the bolts with a wire brush just to make sure i had a solid ground - . it still missfired!

. i by-passed the igniton control wire on the e-manage (EMU) so it was just working off the factory ecu. and the green light on the e-manage started to flash red (witch means it has detected a fault). and it still missfired!

. i checked over the ignition coil for obvious signs of wear and tear and made sure it had a solid ground. it still missfired! (ive also orderd another one to try as there is no way of knowing if its braking down under boost)

ok after this i went down to jne for hodge to scan over it! and he thinks its pointing to the igniton coil! he says its definately an igniton problem!

i took him down the road to show him how bad it was!

1st run i locked it in 3rd at about 40mph i put my foot down! it was like hitting the limiter @ 3500rpm and no power!

2nd run i locked it in 3rd at about 40mph i put my foot down! and it powerd through! all the way to 6500rpm (untill i let off) with a slight missfire! and its never done that before! ;-)

3rd run the same as run 2!

then we pulled over and shiny pulled the ecu fuse out to reset it! then we done another 2 runs! they wernt as good as 2 & 3 but better! it was like backfireing (loud bang at around 5000rpm then i let off).

so there seems to be some sort of improvment! ill keep you guys updated and hopfully we will get this sorted! ;-)

no , knock dosent throw a code or atleast it never has for me ,and what have you got the voltage clap set at on the boost cut limiter. ?

boost cut limiter? is that what you do on the map sensor? if so ryan set it to 4.2v

i just relized who you are lol you have thred toyota sprint series na-t race car

on clubna-t

ryan mapped your car didnt he?

but you had the timming retarded, who told you that you needed to do that?

cheers

hi mate , ryan retarded my timeing to 5 deg btdc

hmmm he hasnt said anything about needing to do that! will he do that through the ignition control wire on the emu? because he has told me to leave the dizzy alone!

unless he will do that when he fine tuines it on the rollers? as he said on page 2 that this problem isnt due to that! hmmmm

ill just have to see hoe the coil goes then start looking at that

cheers mate

ps: your set up is pritty much the same as mine isnt it?