The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-T misfire or revving problem

FOSTA

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i think ive fixed the missfiring! ;-) i got a 2nd hand coil from kerons

i took it out for 2 runs yesterday and took it to around 5500rpm foot flat and it didnt miss a beat! but i should of really took it to the red line to be a 100% but ill do that later today and let yous know if its ok! but its better as i could only take it to around 3500rpm-4000rpm before! ;-)

but another little problem (not that bad) i noticed last week when checking the ground on the igniter that when i started the car up from warm the wideband would go mega lean like 17's and the rev counter would jump up and down ever so slightly with the idle sounding a bit lumpy! but if i drive it for a few mins and stop the idle is perfect! and the wideband jumps around between the normal 14.6-15.3 (well i think thats normal) and it will stay perfect untill i shut the car off and start it back up again!

it dosnt seem to do it from cold but from cold the revs jump up to around 1800-1900rpm for a few mins then come back down to just under 1000rpm but i was told a while ago this was normal? and its always done it since i have owned it!

but anyways i never really start it from warm so i only just noticed this! could it be somthing ive upset when fitting the turbo kit? or just somthing thats gone bad by its self? also what would be causing this problem? i just want this car 100% ;-)

ok ive just bridged te1 and e1 and done a quick check . the ecu light is blinking constantly and in an even pattern so i guss there is no fault codes to be read!

also i just started the car from cold:

.from cold the revs jumped stright up to 1600rpm then droped to around 700-800rpm in around 5mins and sounded smooth and quiet! ;-)

.from cold the wideband goes mega rich like in its 10's and 11's untill the revs drop to around 1000rpm! the it goes into the 13's and after the 5 mins when the revs drop to around 700rpm-800rpm it goes to around 13.9-14.00

but if i drive it then let it idle the wideband goes around 14.6-15.3 and if i switch the car off and start it up again within 30mins the idle will go slightly ruff and mega lean 17's ?

The lean running on warm start issue will be down to moving the o2 sensor further down the exhaust system with turbo kit on and the exhaust temps are lower which causes the single wire o2 sensors which don't have a heater circuit a while to get to working temp. Causing the car to run lean as when cold they read rich.

Ryan

The lean running on warm start issue will be down to moving the o2 sensor further down the exhaust system with turbo kit on and the exhaust temps are lower which causes the single wire o2 sensors which don't have a heater circuit a while to get to working temp. Causing the car to run lean as when cold they read rich.

Ryan

makes sense like bud! but i havnt herd anybody else going na-t mention this? and will that be making the revs fluxuate slightly?

cheers

oh and i need to book in with you for that fine tune! as i think its sorted but im going to take it just before the redline to make sure ;-)

makes sense like bud! but i havnt herd anybody else going na-t mention this? and will that be making the revs fluxuate slightly?

cheers

oh and i need to book in with you for that fine tune! as i think its sorted but im going to take it just before the redline to make sure ;-)

ps: what about it running rich from cold?

• 5 months later...