mikeyh

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

UPDATE

bad news im afraid:thumbdown: the engine has had to be removed again as there appears to still be somthing wrong, paul thought it was just valve clearences but all checked out fine so there is somthing going on else where so the block has got to be stripped down again possibly little end bearings:( the con rods was the only thing that wasn't changed with this build so there probably the issue

UPDATE

bad news im afraid:thumbdown: the engine has had to be removed again as there appears to still be somthing wrong, paul thought it was just valve clearences but all checked out fine so there is somthing going on else where so the block has got to be stripped down again possibly little end bearings:( the con rods was the only thing that wasn't changed with this build so there probably the issue

Bad news this.

Did you replace any of the rods? I thought you had identified a couple that were thought to be duff and kept the others?

Ahh man sorry to hear this.

Was it not recommended to you that it maybe a good idea to change the rods.

paul did recomend it but i just couldn't afford it at the time i was hoping the rods would be ok as they were only 9 months old

paul did recomend it but i just couldn't afford it at the time i was hoping the rods would be ok as they were only 9 months old

Ive learnt the hard way Mike, I now get the rods checked for size every time, just had 2 sets of stock rods checked one only a year old and not one was spot on.

• 5 weeks later...

all sorted:d

ryan has done a great job today car feels completly different to drive this chap realy knows his stuff :thumbs:

id also like to give a very big compliment to paul and whifbitz they have been very good even with the problems ive had with this build and im sure there glad to see the back of it;) , now i might beable to actually enjoy it for a while

final results were 595bhp 560ftlb at 1.5 bar