The mkiv Supra Owners Club

(mikes) rebuild by whifbitz

mikeyh

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats that idea out of the window then. We are going to send the injectors off to be tested to see if that shows anything up, other than that could be something to do with the map, bad fuel, ecu faulty. Could possibly be something to do with the injector resistor pack, you never know, could have been wired in wrong, we will need to check that unless Mike goes over to some Injector Dynamics injectors so we can junk the resistor pack.

Did you have CP pistons in yours Jamie?

And is that damage all from running lean?

I know the problem is usually one of fuel starvation but (and this is just the ramblings of an ignorant man) is it possible that the end cylinder is getting too much air for whatever reason?

i havn't a clue mate

Thats that idea out of the window then. We are going to send the injectors off to be tested to see if that shows anything up, other than that could be something to do with the map, bad fuel, ecu faulty. Could possibly be something to do with the injector resistor pack, you never know, could have been wired in wrong, we will need to check that unless Mike goes over to some Injector Dynamics injectors so we can junk the resistor pack.

Did you have CP pistons in yours Jamie?

Yeah CP.

Not to throw the cat among the pigeons here, boys... but my car went through 2 sets of CP pistons during its *run-in* period. That is, melted 2 separate sets of pistons over 2 separate break-in periods for the engine. No problems with the tune, and the run-in was pretty gentle (especially the second time) to avoid any "user" error. Pistons were even sent off for analysis to CP, who of course said there was nothing wrong with their product.

Now, the final set of pistons (now in the engine) were ceramic coated (and I'm not even sure if they're CP) and the VVTi was locked to avoid any potential confounding factors from that aspect, and car is running strong. But I will never again put CP pistons in any engine build I do.