michael

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had fun coming home from this.

Made it to the motorway junction but the sliproad onto the M62 that I needed was closed. Drove around and chose to head down A1 towards Doncaster thinking I'd find somewhere along the way to turn off towards Wakefield.

On the edge of Doncaster I get to a junction that shows a way to Wakey. Then a dilemma. Straight on to Wakey or off to the M62 towards Leeds. For some reason I thought the M62 must come close to Doncaster at this point. Thinking it'd be faster I choose the latter option. As I go along the slip road I realise my BIG mistake. I'm dumped back on the A1 heading back toward the closed junction.

Get back and manage to spot the detour signs this time. I'm now on the M62 but heading east not west. Next junction I have to double back and eventually I'm heading home.

1 hour 20 minutes instead of the usual 40.

Moral: Never follow me, I'll be lost too.

Had fun coming home from this.

Made it to the motorway junction but the sliproad onto the M62 that I needed was closed. Drove around and chose to head down A1 towards Doncaster thinking I'd find somewhere along the way to turn off towards Wakefield.

On the edge of Doncaster I get to a junction that shows a way to Wakey. Then a dilemma. Straight on to Wakey or off to the M62 towards Leeds. For some reason I thought the M62 must come close to Doncaster at this point. Thinking it'd be faster I choose the latter option. As I go along the slip road I realise my BIG mistake. I'm dumped back on the A1 heading back toward the closed junction.

Get back and manage to spot the detour signs this time. I'm now on the M62 but heading east not west. Next junction I have to double back and eventually I'm heading home.

1 hour 20 minutes instead of the usual 40.

Moral: Never follow me, I'll be lost too.

:stickpoke Scenic route this time ay Martin!:)

• 2 months later...

Michael,

As per usual , people complain about location !!

hope about we split the events sections into towns and it becomes harder still.

On a point, I have no idea why your in the midlands section, there is a thread for a squires meet in the NE section to, so ????:search:

• 1 month later...