The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scott M's Supra Build Thread

Scott

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

If its a new born make the most of the time they sleep its the only time you will get as they get older it gets less and less, I have to take days holiday from work to find time to work on the car now lol.

Best of luck with everything and hope to see the car move on its own steam this year

If its a new born make the most of the time they sleep its the only time you will get as they get older it gets less and less, I have to take days holiday from work to find time to work on the car now lol.

Best of luck with everything and hope to see the car move on its own steam this year

Amen to that - mine are 5yrs and 2yrs now and all my time outside work is spent doing stuff with them. Good fun though!

• 2 months later...

An update :D

After a LOT of pestering from various people, not least of whom was my Wife, I took a day off today and got the finger out. Initially I was going out to re-organise the garage and to give it a much needed tidy but it just grew arms and legs.

I was checking out the clutch on the gearbox and then thought, why not just give it a try. The issue for me has been that I can't put the gearbox on my gearbox jack while at the side of the car, as the car is too low even on the axle stands.

So all I had left was brute force and ignorance. Lifting a V160 gearbox on your side while trying to manoeuvre a jack underneath is not easy, I can assure you, but I got there in the end. I did take a proper photo of it but it's not came out for some reason.

attachment.php?attachmentid=204626&stc=1&d=1440779152

attachment.php?attachmentid=204627&stc=1&d=1440779152

attachment.php?attachmentid=204628&stc=1&d=1440779152

attachment.php?attachmentid=204629&stc=1&d=1440779152

attachment.php?attachmentid=204630&stc=1&d=1440779152

2015-08-28 13.33.50.jpg

2015-08-28 13.38.34.jpg

2015-08-28 14.46.17.jpg

2015-08-28 15.38.21.jpg

2015-08-28 16.43.51.jpg

Yoga?

Not quite but now that you mention it, the gym wouldn't go amiss :D

The rear subframe looks like it's spent a year underwater so that will be my next major job. I've got all the wishbone bits for the rear and I also have a spare subframe so that's what I'll be tackling next. That should keep me busy for a little while longer :)

I've also got a big diff to fit in too but I need to get the driveshaft and propshaft first, which are tricky to get.